Which Looks Better – Silverado EV Or Sierra EV?

Charjd

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline, Rivian
Occupation
Retired
I'm having a hard time getting a feeling for the size of the Silverado (Denali). In the photos it looks huge. That might be an illusion. It's hard to tell. That's partly why I'd like to see one in person. With the inherent power of electric drivetrains, I don't see why they can't make a compact electric pickup. You'd have plenty of weight from the battery. You wouldn't need to make it big. Why do you need enough space inside for a five John Waynes? I don't want a really big truck. That would be a "big" minus for me. I think they could do something cool with a tough little bulldog truck with big wheels. I think people would like that a lot. Of course, we have what we have.

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 TourX, '13 Volt, '04 CTS, '95 Suburban
Occupation
Retired
I'm having a hard time getting a feeling for the size of the Silverado (Denali). In the photos it looks huge. That might be an illusion. It's hard to tell. That's partly why I'd like to see one in person. With the inherent power of electric drivetrains, I don't see why they can't make a compact electric pickup. You'd have plenty of weight from the battery. You wouldn't need to make it big. Why do you need enough space inside for a five John Waynes? I don't want a really big truck. That would be a "big" minus for me. I think they could do something cool with a tough little bulldog truck with big wheels. I think people would like that a lot. Of course, we have what we have.
That's why the Tacoma/Maverick/Ranger market seems to be exploding. The Rivian is the closest thing to a not-so-huge pickup truck of an EV. That said, I'd love the RAM Revolution, should it make it to production and keep all the features shown in the concept vehicle. I would be enamored with the Rivian R1S if I could get the 400 mile battery. In this realm range and towing capacity (as well as range while towing) will be key.

Charjd

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline, Rivian
Occupation
Retired
What I'm saying is with electric power and battery weight (you do need some weight for traction and stability) you wouldn't need a conventional-sized truck that is physically big to tow. It seems I was hearing there might be an electric version of the Hyundai Santa Cruz truck. That would be perfect for me: small size and electric power for towing. Plus an attractive package. The existing gas version doesn't have enough power to tow much of anything. "Real truck" lovers would hate it. But it seems there is no plans for such a truck.

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
What I'm saying is with electric power and battery weight (you do need some weight for traction and stability) you wouldn't need a conventional-sized truck that is physically big to tow. It seems I was hearing there might be an electric version of the Hyundai Santa Cruz truck. That would be perfect for me: small size and electric power for towing. Plus an attractive package. The existing gas version doesn't have enough power to tow much of anything. "Real truck" lovers would hate it. But it seems there is no plans for such a truck.
Even though an EV variant of the Santa Cruz might have enough power to tow, the car-like unibody frame cannot handle the stresses, thus towing capacity will be tiny. Even the Ford Maverick can barely tow. For me, I would prefer a Subyukonade over the pickup as I like having all that interior space. But I can get by with a pickup as I would bring a 12’ covered trailer or a 16’ open air utility trailer for trips to the hardware store.

Chevy_maybe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Several
I like the Chevy. The sail panels make it look different. Love the blue on the RST.

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I like the Chevy. The sail panels make it look different. Love the blue on the RST.
I wish they would make a deep purple one, or use the Escalade Deep Amethyst Metallic color