Will GM Deliver the Silverado EV Sooner?

SunDevil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 350, Honda Odyssey
I saw a post on the Hummer EV website that gets me excited. It reads:

"Seeing this facebook post from @Aloppen makes me wonder if GM slow played the Silverado Launch timeline? GM did this with Lyriq, initially announced it for Fall 2022, then took a bunch of beating in the press, then magically pulled it 6 months ahead. Will this going to be the case for SilveradoE too? Tooling industry whisper is that they have been working on the tooling, and speculated that Q4 2022, it would be ready to go, so is GM going to pull a Lyriq, and pull this timeline ahead too?

IMO we will see Silverado WT's being delivered to fleet in very early 2023, and First Editions in late Q2 ."

It would be awesome if Chevy pushes up the delivery of the Silverado EV sooner!

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
If they successfully pull that off then Ford may lose a lot of reservation holders who jumped on the Silverado lists early.

As excited as I am for the Lightning, I will absolutely pounce on this if it gets moved up. But I won't hold my breath on it.

Cmiller81

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford bronco
Occupation
Nurse
Would be smart if they could, but for some reason I doubt it.

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette C8
That would be a good move against Fordā€™s Lightning. Ford will be first moversā€¦ but if GM does not come up with earlier dates GM will trail more than a year behindā€¦ which does not really match that Marry B said GM is the positioning itself as the most important EV company

DanielM92563

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 MachE
Seems like they still have a lot of work to, the frunk hasnā€™t been completely figured out and Andre from TFL wasnā€™t even allowed to sit in the prototype

Cmiller81

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford bronco
Occupation
Nurse
Seems like they still have a lot of work to, the frunk hasnā€™t been completely figured out and Andre from TFL wasnā€™t even allowed to sit in the prototype
They usually don't allow people to sit in the prototype anyway. It is usually nowhere near finished and like usual people would complain about it.

Chevy_maybe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Several
They usually don't allow people to sit in the prototype anyway. It is usually nowhere near finished and like usual people would complain about it.
Well, Tesla actually took people for rides when they revealed the Cybertruck.

I think that was ridiculous that the youtubers were not allowed to sit in it. These people represent huge, free marketing exposure.

I agree that perhaps the truck wasn't completely finished and maybe some of the interior was just a mockup. gm could have just explained that to the reviewers.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, Mini Countryman
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
I suppose itā€™s possible that GM could bring the Silverado EV to market sooner. I think, however, supply constraint would prevent that. The Silverado is basically on the same platform as the Hummer EV but who knows how much battery production capacity GM has right now.

Iā€™d love to buy a Silverado EV Trailboss next year but I highly suspect that wonā€™t be around until late 2024 at the earliest.

DukeofArmchair

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Nissan PU
If the Lightning launch is anything like the Bronco launch it will be a disaster and Chevrolet will benefit. Fingers crossed that Chevy can pull the launch in.

tripowergto

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 2SS Hot Wheels Camaro conv, 2016 Corvette LT2
Occupation
Owner REAL ROCK Productions, live music production and promotion

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, Mini Countryman
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Just get the TrailBoss or ZR2 in our hands by the end of 2023.

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E
A friend of almost 40 years, far enough up the GM corporate ladder to know, told me this could improve my early delivery chances. He couldnā€™t give me a number. I suggested early ā€˜23. He didnā€™t say yes but he didnā€™t say no either.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Frontier, olds Aurora V8, Regal, Sky
Having delays with EVs especially in current environment is much more common than early delivery. I would say any attempts for early delivery will likely be canceled out with mishaps and at best they will be on time. Positivity has never been my thing. It only leads to disappointment.

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
I get that these are the big boys talking vs a startup but at the same time, batteries have got to come from somewhere and I'm not aware of a giant ultrium factory hidden away they still got a lot of batteries to make.

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E
I get that these are the big boys talking vs a startup but at the same time, batteries have got to come from somewhere and I'm not aware of a giant ultrium factory hidden away they still got a lot of batteries to make.
Lordstown