When do NACS equipped vehicles start arriving?

OP
OP

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 TourX, '13 Volt, '04 CTS, '95 Suburban
Occupation
Retired
I predict there will be a new EV charging rage where Tesla owners start picking fights with non-Tesla people charging on ”their” network.. BTW, I have a Silverado EV order that I should just cancel as I plunked down a deposit for a Rivian R1S. Quite a bit cheaper than the Escalade IQ, and I’ve lost the desire to make the Silverado work as I prefer an SUV over a pickup.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F150 Lightning SR Lariat + '23 MME
Occupation
Tech
I predict there will be a new EV charging rage where Tesla owners start picking fights with non-Tesla people charging on ”their” network.. BTW, I have a Silverado EV order that I should just cancel as I plunked down a deposit for a Rivian R1S. Quite a bit cheaper than the Escalade IQ, and I’ve lost the desire to make the Silverado work as I prefer an SUV over a pickup.
Rivian are open for Tesla Superchargers.
I believe Rivian is shipping out their adapters free to their customers next month.

Here's my Ford charging with the A2Z NACS adapter at Tesla Supercharger in Central California.
IMG_1873.png

camaroz1985

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, VW ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Here she is - A2Z NACS - CCS1 adapter for use at Tesla SuperChargers:
A2Z_NACS.png
I know it can't be used for AC charging, but I was wondering if they removed the pins on the vehicle side like the other adapters are doing? Seems odd that they showed them in the pictures on their website. They can't be connected to anything, so it is just wasted expense to have them there.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F150 Lightning SR Lariat + '23 MME
Occupation
Tech
The DC pins are the large ones but there has to be someway the vehicle's VIN is transmitted to Tesla before it will authorize a charge session.

There are smaller pins other than the AC pins which might be communications link.

camaroz1985

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, VW ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
The DC pins are the large ones but there has to be someway the vehicle's VIN is transmitted to Tesla before it will authorize a charge session.

There are smaller pins other than the AC pins which might be communications link.
Right, I was wondering if they left the AC L1 and L2/N pins. The ground, proximity, and control pins are necessary regardless of AC or DC charging.

J1772_(CCS1).svg.png