First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 2SS Hot Wheels Camaro conv, 2016 Corvette LT2
Occupation
Owner REAL ROCK Productions, live music production and promotion
I thought the Silvy EV ad was both gritty and hip. Did ya see it?

Last edited:

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
Interesting choice of using the sopranos for the actors I guess, not one I'd have made. unless your target market is people who watch a 20 year old show.

Chevy_maybe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Several
Question: if the Silverado EV First Edition sold out in 12 minutes, and my reservation confirmation for the later offering (WITHIN THE FIRST 5 MINUTES) stated that it would be a 2025 model, why does gm feel the need to spend millions on at least 2 Superbowl ads, and the barrage of YouTube ads I saw today. They clearly don't have the manufacturing bandwidth to produce the extra volume expected by this marketing effort. IMO, they will only end up with frustrated customers who will wait an exceedingly long time.

Other than that, IMO, the Dr. Evil ad was mildly humorous, but lacked substance and a clear message.

Reactions: Max

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, Mini Countryman
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Question: if the Silverado EV First Edition sold out in 12 minutes, and my reservation confirmation for the later offering (WITHIN THE FIRST 5 MINUTES) stated that it would be a 2025 model, why does gm feel the need to spend millions on at least 2 Superbowl ads, and the barrage of YouTube ads I saw today. They clearly don't have the manufacturing bandwidth to produce the extra volume expected by this marketing effort. IMO, they will only end up with frustrated customers who will wait an exceedingly long time.

Other than that, IMO, the Dr. Evil ad was mildly humorous, but lacked substance and a clear message.
It’s partly to tell customers what’s coming and to keep building excitement for a future product roadmap. It’s also to attract the interest of investors.

But, I was pretty much thinking along those lines as well. GM is advertising a product they won’t have for well over a year. It’s a product that won‘t really be available to the masses for over two years.