LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 TourX, '13 Volt, '04 CTS, '95 Suburban
Occupation
Retired
*update*
After getting absolutely nowhere with the dealership (no reply what soever on emails & voicemails) about returning the reservation money of my BLazerEV, I contacted the GM EV concierge. They talked to the dealership and the stealership suggested I should stop by physically at the store with the CreditCard so they could refund that.
When I explained that doesn't work after 1 year (has it been that long already ?!) the lady of the EV concierge agreed and she forced the dealership to send me a check by mail.

This is really how dealerships work nowadays.
In my case GM really helped straighten things out with regards to the dealership.
Of course I will leave my comments on several websites about the dealership.
GM was very helpful, responsive and used their influence to resolve the issue
GM++ , dealership--
Glad you got your deposit back. I’ll bet you spent more than $100 of your time trying to get it back, but it’s the principle of the thing.

OP
OP

Erik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning, Silverado EV
I just called the GM EV conciërge. Super friendly person. She is going to talk to the dealership to make sure they send a check.

Charjd

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline, Rivian
Occupation
Retired
It's too bad the big news on the Silverado EV forum is if people are getting their deposits back. Where is the news about the Silverado EV?

Last edited:
OP
OP

Erik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I finally got my deposit back after a little over three months and many phone calls. In the end GM was able to force the dealer to refund the money.

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I finally got my deposit back after a little over three months and many phone calls. In the end GM was able to force the dealer to refund the money.
congrats. So what did you buy instead?(It has been so long)

OP
OP

Erik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
congrats. So what did you buy instead?(It has been so long)
Thanks.

When Tesla, Ford, and GM announced their EV pick up trucks with $40k starting prices, that seemed like a good deal. Only the Ford is actually for sale and that starts at $50k, and that is too expensive for me. Rivian is supposedly making a $40k R2. That may be a good option.

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Thanks.

When Tesla, Ford, and GM announced their EV pick up trucks with $40k starting prices, that seemed like a good deal. Only the Ford is actually for sale and that starts at $50k, and that is too expensive for me. Rivian is supposedly making a $40k R2. That may be a good option.
I've resigned to the fact that any "starting at" MSRP is just a gimmick as nobody really wants that low MSRP vehicle. Well, not nobody. I did buy a manual transmission 2004 Cadillac CTS with a starting MSRP of $29995 and its only option was nicer lower profile wheels. But I got $10k off of a $33k vehicle with the combination of steep discounts and a GM card rebate.

Nowadays, I'm forced to buy the higher trim vehicles because my wife's back requires a power passenger seat with lumbar. She cannot comfortably ride in a WT so we must get the RST. That said, I'm wondering when the Subyukonades are coming. The Escalade IQ is way overpriced at $160k, so hopefully there's a Suburban or Yukon on the way.

I really don't understand why only Rivian gets it selling the R1S - people want SUVs. Ford, GM, and Tesla seem to be missing out on the big SUVs (and I don't count the Model X in this category as it's more like a minivan than a truck). Ford needs to release the Expedition EV and Tesla needs to make a CyberSUV. RAM doesn't have a single SUV in their lineup.

Last edited:

Insulator

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Merc GLC350e 10 Silverado 1500 86 Porsche 944
Occupation
Retired project manager
I canceled my reservation more than a month ago and I got an email from GM saying the the dealer will refund the money. The dealer says that they are not going to refund the money. Has anyone else had the same issue?
My reservation was canceled on July 2, 2023. I'm still waiting for my refund. The dealership I connected the order to has been a longtime business partner. Their stance is, that Chevrolet took the order and the money they should be the ones to refund the canceled order. This has been an eye-opener. We are currently reevaluating our long-term business relationship.

OP
OP

Erik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My reservation was canceled on July 2, 2023. I'm still waiting for my refund. The dealership I connected the order to has been a longtime business partner. Their stance is, that Chevrolet took the order and the money they should be the ones to refund the canceled order. This has been an eye-opener. We are currently reevaluating our long-term business relationship.
You’ll have to call GM. They had to show the dealer how to process the refund in my case. Maybe GM still pays for it, but the dealer had to do something in their system to start the refund.

Insulator

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired project manager
You’ll have to call GM. They had to show the dealer how to process the refund in my case. Maybe GM still pays for it, but the dealer had to do something in their system to start the refund.
I've talked to the dealership twice. The GM concierge has called so many times I feel they have me on speed dial. There has been plenty of finger-pointing. Seems like it's time for legal action.

fromport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 gmc sierra, Chevy bolt 2020 EV, 2023 EUV
Occupation
technician
You should lookup your CC statement with the payment. In my case it was with the dealer, not GM.
So the dealership should return you the money, not GM.

Insulator

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired project manager
For $100 ?
Class action or small claims. With local TV notification. That should wind them up.

It had a bad taste when I opened the reservation. But, I thought, this seems to be the way it's done now.

derekhan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado EV
Same here. I cancelled my reservation of Silverado EV two months ago. I called to GM twice to cancel. Never received the refund nor any response.

camaroz1985

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, VW ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Same here. I cancelled my reservation of Silverado EV two months ago. I called to GM twice to cancel. Never received the refund nor any response.
Did you call or go to your dealer?

I got an email from my dealer when I canceled, but still took several followups and about 2 months to get it.