Dealer called me today.

EV Truck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Avalanche, Miata, Elise
Placed the deposit Jan 2022.
Sorry I wasn't able to get to the call, it went to VM. They wanted me to call back, so I did, but nobody was there to answer, so I left a VM.
In the meantime, looking around this forum, I see that the price for 3WT is $72K+. No way will I want to pay anywhere near that amount for a truck.
I'm extremely happy with my 2011 Avalanche LTZ. If the Silverado EV prices don't become more realistic, then I'm out. When I talk to the dealer I'll report back.

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 TourX, '13 Volt, '04 CTS, '95 Suburban
Occupation
Retired
I would love an Avalanche. It seemed so practical and even though the plastic cladded one got a lot of criticism at the time, I think that’s the one people want now rather than the newer ones without the cladding.

The problem with any 400+ mile EV is that the cost of the batteries will be through the roof. I do not understand why there aren’t more PHEV options in the truck space.. Add a 100 mile battery to a gas powered generator and such a vehicle would be perfect for most people’s daily commute as well as allow us to tow a camper across country without range anxiety. Plus, they’d be able to sell four PHEV trucks for every one pure EV truck.

alas, the more people who drop further up the line I get for my Silverado EV RST…though I reserve the right to change my mind… the Giant battery Rivian R1S or the Escalade IQ are intriguing. Both are pricey. These trucks and SUVs are getting released at a glacial pace.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F150 Lightning SR Lariat + '23 MME
Occupation
Tech
Sorry I wasn't able to get to the call, it went to VM. They wanted me to call back, so I did, but nobody was there to answer, so I left a VM.
In the meantime, looking around this forum, I see that the price for 3WT is $72K+. No way will I want to pay anywhere near that amount for a truck.
I'm extremely happy with my 2011 Avalanche LTZ. If the Silverado EV prices don't become more realistic, then I'm out. When I talk to the dealer I'll report back.
Do let us know what the ordering schedule looks like ?
Are they allowing you to place a firm order w/ a deposit ?
When do they expect the first roll outs ?

Agree, I would not pay $72K for an EV truck.

When I originally ordered my Ford Lightning back in 2022, I really wanted the base $40K but could not order nor the next trim up. Ended up ordering the $70K Lariat trim and that was a mistake since I never tow, haul or do truck stuff. Traded her in a year later and got a more suitable EV.

Charjd

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline, Rivian
Occupation
Retired
This is from Autoblog:

GM delivered 19 Blazers and 18 Silverados in the third quarter and that's the entirety of their production runs so far.

18 is better than nothing.

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 TourX, '13 Volt, '04 CTS, '95 Suburban
Occupation
Retired
This is from Autoblog:

GM delivered 19 Blazers and 18 Silverados in the third quarter and that's the entirety of their production runs so far.

18 is better than nothing.
Glacial pace

johan brandon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
johan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bestwaytowingnyc.com
Vehicles
toyota prius
you are right if I were you I also do the same day.