Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline, Rivian
Occupation
Retired
First range test

23 hours ago a guy who posts under the name "JerryRigEverything" and his partner got ahold of a couple of Silverado EV RST's. I've been following the Silverado EV with a great deal of interest. This is tricky, because there is virtually nothing to follow. It was reported that 18 of the work truck version were produced last year. In the realm of vehicle production this is barely any. So suddenly two RST's appear out of nowhere. Does this mean they are producing them now? What about the WT version? Are the companies that ordered them getting them? What it looks like to me is that GM is having major production problems and they have been hiding them because it doesn't look good to investors.

I had a reservation for an RST. I cancelled it because I decided to use the $100 for something else. The reservations don't seem to matter because nobody on this forum, which represents a large group of potential customers, has been able to buy either version of the truck because they aren't available to buy. As far as the truck itself, it is like what you would end up with if you packed everything anybody would want in a truck in one vehicle. That is, if you aren't bothered by the cost or the size of it. I still practically drool over it, even though I have a Rivian now which is nice but doesn't have all the goodies the Silverado EV has. The review by JerryRigEverthing is done in collaboration with Chevy and they won't say anything bad about the trucks they tested. There were some honest reviews of the work truck a while ago. Nobody has had anything bad to say about any version of the Silverado EV, which is interesting.

Maybe this review indicates that they are finally going to start producing them in significant numbers and people will be able to buy them. It's hard following a lot of vapor and hype.

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 TourX, '13 Volt, '04 CTS, '95 Suburban
Occupation
Retired
I'm a big fan of Zack (a.k.a Jerry). Be sure to check out his military Hummer EV conversion and the underground bunker he built in his backyard. So I just put in a reservation for a Rivian R1S, and now you're going to tempt me to watch this video and see if I should keep my RST reservation... this could be a very expensive car buying year