2024 Silverado EV WT base work truck - $42K - new video !

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F150 Lightning SR Lariat + '23 MME
Occupation
Tech
Just released from an auto show: 2024 EV WT base.
8000 lb tow rating, 1200 lb payload,
$42K

Charjd

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline, Rivian
Occupation
Retired
I saw one of those videos. It was probably the same truck. There are only a handful of preproduction Silverado EV's in existence (two?). I like the truck. They have updated the paint scheme of the front. However, the price of the vehicle at the show would be over $70k. The $42k price could be complete fantasy. I wonder how many construction workers could afford a $70k work truck.

OP
OP
4sallypat

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
I saw one of those videos. It was probably the same truck. There are only a handful of preproduction Silverado EV's in existence (two?). I like the truck. They have updated the paint scheme of the front. However, the price of the vehicle at the show would be over $70k. The $42k price could be complete fantasy. I wonder how many construction workers could afford a $70k work truck.
The very first rollout will be the $42K base EV WT for fleet / commercial accounts.

Then later in the year, RST for consumers and finally the base EV WT + WT2 + WT3 + WT4 for consumers which is what I have the first minute reservation for (base WT)....

DetroitHustle

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra
Occupation
Consultant
I think there are more Silverado EVs out there than we know of. I’ve seen pictures of one in Chicago a few months back and just today driving around metro Detroit I saw a Silverado EV WT on the roads before my eyes. Unfortunately I was at a traffic stop and couldn’t catch him, but I do think the WT is very close to making it to production for fleets.

DetroitHustle

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra
Occupation
Consultant
The very first rollout will be the $42K base EV WT for fleet / commercial accounts.

Then later in the year, RST for consumers and finally the base EV WT + WT2 + WT3 + WT4 for consumers which is what I have the first minute reservation for (base WT)....
I’m also curious to see the price point of WT2. If it’s under 55k I’d be tempted to buy more truck, but WT3 is too much for anyone but someone running a fleet or using it for business.

OP
OP
4sallypat

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
I’m also curious to see the price point of WT2. If it’s under 55k I’d be tempted to buy more truck, but WT3 is too much for anyone but someone running a fleet or using it for business.
I am eagerly awaiting for my reservation to be called to order my WT.

Will post when I get the pricing on the various trims: WT, WT2, WT3, WT4, etc...

Definitely want a base EV WT for $42K.

camaroz1985

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, VW ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I am eagerly awaiting for my reservation to be called to order my WT.

Will post when I get the pricing on the various trims: WT, WT2, WT3, WT4, etc...

Definitely want a base EV WT for $42K.
Based on what Ford has done, I think it is very unlikely that a $42k (or even $50k) Silverado EV is ever made.

DetroitHustle

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra
Occupation
Consultant
Based on what Ford has done, I think it is very unlikely that a $42k (or even $50k) Silverado EV is ever made.
Only time will tell. I’m confident GM will come out with a truck in the 40-50k range that is available for the masses. They’ve put in a lot of work upfront in battery manufacturing to decrease costs that will pay off. Ford is flying by the seat of their pants hence the rapid price increases that have significantly decreased demand for the Lightning and are more concerned about being first to market.

camaroz1985

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, VW ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Only time will tell. I’m confident GM will come out with a truck in the 40-50k range that is available for the masses. They’ve put in a lot of work upfront in battery manufacturing to decrease costs that will pay off. Ford is flying by the seat of their pants hence the rapid price increases that have significantly decreased demand for the Lightning and are more concerned about being first to market.
I don't think we can say it has decreased demand that much. They are still selling every one they can make (with a significant order bank outstanding) at the new starting price of $56k. I don't see GM leaving that much profit on the table. I could see them undercutting Ford by a thousand or two, but not anywhere close to the $40k price that was announced last year. That price was targeted directly at Ford, beating their price at the time by a whopping $4.