First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline, Rivian
Occupation
Retired
Earlier this year I started a new hobby. I bought a Can-Am Maverick X3 and a trailer. It's a big one. I also bought some snow tracks for winter fun. I'm just minutes from the spectacular Wasatch mountains. It sounds like recreation heaven, but there is a problem. My aged Honda Ridgeline struggles to haul it up the canyons. An electric truck would be ideal. EV's power through weather and road problems. I've driven a Volt for years and have come to dislike the headaches you have with an ICE vehicle. They say if you have driven an electric, you can't go back. That's why my next truck will be an EV. I plan on charging it at home. Range wouldn't be a problem for 95 percent of the places I go.
20220401_180221.jpg

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 TourX, '13 Volt, '04 CTS, '95 Suburban
Occupation
Retired
Interesting, I’ve never seen one of these before. Be careful with the towing capacity of the Silverado EV. Even though it should be around 10k, the payload is a bit low at 1300 pounds, which includes your tongue weight of the trailer.

OP
OP
Charjd

Charjd

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline, Rivian
Occupation
Retired
Interesting, I’ve never seen one of these before. Be careful with the towing capacity of the Silverado EV. Even though it should be around 10k, the payload is a bit low at 1300 pounds, which includes your tongue weight of the trailer.
Normally, they have wheels. You might have seen them with wheels. The tracks are an option. They are difficult (for me) to take off and on, so I put the tracks on at the start of the winter season and leave them on. I put the wheels on when the winter is over. Anyway, I think an electric truck would eliminate most of the hassle you have when pulling a big trailer and cargo. That might just be wishful thinking on my part.

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Normally, they have wheels. You might have seen them with wheels. The tracks are an option. They are difficult (for me) to take off and on, so I put the tracks on at the start of the winter season and leave them on. I put the wheels on when the winter is over. Anyway, I think an electric truck would eliminate most of the hassle you have when pulling a big trailer and cargo. That might just be wishful thinking on my part.
The new wrinkle is that the 400 miles of range will probably be cut in half or even more. I’m hoping to get 100-150 miles of range towing before I need to recharge

OP
OP
Charjd

Charjd

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline, Rivian
Occupation
Retired
100 miles would get me all the local places I want to go and back. I may travel 100 miles to Salt Lake occasionally. I'm sure I could charge there if I had to. If I had to go farther than that I might take something else. I don't think I'll be hyperventilating over lack of public charging.

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
100 miles would get me all the local places I want to go and back. I may travel 100 miles to Salt Lake occasionally. I'm sure I could charge there if I had to. If I had to go farther than that I might take something else. I don't think I'll be hyperventilating over lack of public charging.
I plan to tow an Airstream all over the country, though at the moment North and South Dakota appear to be EV charging deserts. Also any trip to from the continental US to Alaska might need a different vehicle. I'm sure it will get better as all the GM dealerships will be loading up on charging stations.

OP
OP
Charjd

Charjd

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline, Rivian
Occupation
Retired
An interesting contrast. I plan to do virtually all my charging at home at night. That is what I have always done with my Volt. LLninja plans to do virtually no charging at home and all of it at public charging stations. Which brings up the cost of public charging. It seems like it is comparable to buying gas

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
An interesting contrast. I plan to do virtually all my charging at home at night. That is what I have always done with my Volt. LLninja plans to do virtually no charging at home and all of it at public charging stations. Which brings up the cost of public charging. It seems like it is comparable to buying gas
When an home I do plan to charge in the garage. The nearest grocery store is 6 miles round trip. The next shopping haven is 40-50 miles round trip. Most of the time my volt requires Dino Juice to to make the longer trip but there was that one time I somehow eeked out 50 miles on my gen1 volt.

johan brandon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
johan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bestwaytowingnyc.com
Vehicles
toyota prius
Earlier this year I started a new hobby. I bought a Can-Am Maverick X3 and a trailer. It's a big one. I also bought some snow tracks for winter fun. I'm just minutes from the spectacular Wasatch mountains. It sounds like recreation heaven, but there is a problem. My aged Honda Ridgeline struggles to haul it up the canyons. An electric truck would be ideal. EV's power through weather and road problems. I've driven a Volt for years and have come to dislike the headaches you have with an ICE vehicle. They say if you have driven an electric, you can't go back. That's why my next truck will be an EV. I plan on charging it at home. Range wouldn't be a problem for 95 percent of the places I go.
20220401_180221.jpg