Chevy_maybe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Several
Reservation ID: #581xxx placed Jan 5 at 1:05pm for a WT or RST available in the fall of 2023.

Mr DJ

First Name
Mr DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jag F-Type R; Corvette Grand Sport
Occupation
Retired Air Force
reservation 937815

Late to the game @ 2:33pm
These numbers don't mean crap as to who's first in line to get one; my Man above was 1.5 hrs late and he's rollin' with 93x; I was 5 mins in and I'm rollin' with 97x.

Reservation ID: #581xxx placed Jan 5 at 1:05pm for a WT or RST available in the fall of 2023.
Same with this one; we were in at the same time and he's rollin' with 58x and again, me with 97x.

I checked with my dealer; I'm 4th on their list of 31; so again, these numbers mean nothing.

CoyoteJim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-250 Powerstroke, Tesla Model 3, Zero DS
Occupation
Database Developer
These reservation numbers don't seem to follow any pattern based on time or region. Based on the wording on the confirmation screen, I think these are numbers from the local dealer's system and not part of a GM database...so there likely won't be any ability to switch dealers and maintain your spot like with the Lightning reservation system.

Your reservation request was successful.
Thank you for reserving your Chevy SILVERADO EV WT OR RST.
Reservation ID 353XXX has been received by ______ CHEVROLET and is being processed.

Please look for an email from Chevrolet with your reservation details.

RESERVATION WITH:
______ CHEVROLET

______ CHEVROLET will contact you to confirm the details of your reservation request.

Print

Reservation ID: 353XXX

Reservation Amount: $100

Order Placed: Wed Jan 05 2022 (Date reflects ET time)
EDIT: I answered my own question by following the "Manage Your Reservation" Link in the confirmation email from Chevrolet.

If you have executed any contract, buyer’s order or further contracted with your dealer beyond your reservation, you must contact your dealer to cancel your contract or order before making this change. By selecting the “change dealer” button below, your reservation spot in line will be saved. Your existing reservation with your current dealer will be canceled and you will be required to submit a new reservation with a dealer of your choice along with a new reservation fee. Your dealer will initiate the refund of your reservation amount for your cancelled reservation within 7 business days.

Last edited:

camaroz1985

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, VW ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Added mine. Actually got in early, 11:24am. This is a backup to my R1T reservation, at least that’s what I’m thinking but the details are making me second guess myself. I picked “WT or RST”, but in reality I’d prefer something in the middle. My R1T delivery window isn’t until the second half of 2023 so I have some time to decide and see how the whole situation evolves.

Chevy_maybe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Several
Added mine. Actually got in early, 11:24am. This is a backup to my R1T reservation, at least that’s what I’m thinking but the details are making me second guess myself. I picked “WT or RST”, but in reality I’d prefer something in the middle. My R1T delivery window isn’t until the second half of 2023 so I have some time to decide and see how the whole situation evolves.
Curious to know how you got in early (11:24 am) when the portal/window only opened at 1:00 PM eastern? Is that in a different time zone, or perhaps gm opened the window early for a group of people?

SunDevil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 350, Honda Odyssey
Oddly when I changed dealers I received a different reservation number. Should I be updating my reservation number now that it has changed?

Cmiller81

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford bronco
Occupation
Nurse
Oddly when I changed dealers I received a different reservation number. Should I be updating my reservation number now that it has changed?
yea it looks like your old reservation gets canceled and a new number is supplied

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
IT Nerd
I added my reservation, it's only the fourth EV now I have on reservation. I've owned EV and been exclusively EV since 2017, we currently have a Tesla Model X, and a VW ID.4.

My first car was my Dad's 1971 Chevy Silverado, lots of fond crazy kansas small town kid memories with that vehicle. Wish my Dad was still around to see it when it comes out.

SilveradoRudeEV

First Name
Rudi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4.6L V8
My trigger finger was fast and got in right at 10:01 am, reserved a First Edition without looking at price or specs. Was elated when I received the confirmation email, then I saw the $105,000.00 starting price and about fell over.

Went back in at 10:09 am and reserved a RST / WT, was more at peace with the $39,900.00 starting price.

fromport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 gmc sierra, Chevy bolt 2020 EV, 2023 EUV
Occupation
technician
Got in at 1:04pm EST
Reservation ID: 1833xx
Reservation Vehicle: SILVERADO EV WT OR RST
Reservation Amount: $100
Reservation Placed: 01/05/2022 EST

camaroz1985

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, VW ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Curious to know how you got in early (11:24 am) when the portal/window only opened at 1:00 PM eastern? Is that in a different time zone, or perhaps gm opened the window early for a group of people?
Someone on a Rivian forum posted what they assumed would be the link based on the past site for the Lyric. I tried it and it let me through. It wouldn’t let me reserve the First Edition RST, but that’s ok because I didn’t want that model anyway. I’m still hoping to not have to use it at all, but if the R1T didn’t exist this would be a no-brainer for me.

lilwendal

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 HD
Reservation ID: 7843## 1ST EDITION RST (placed within 2 minute of opening)
Reservation ID: 6294## WT OR RST (placed within 5 minutes of opening)

Sdctcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Ford Escape, 2022 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired Special Ed Teacher/Water Company Mgr./Farmer
Chevy stated that Reservations for the First Edition had been exhausted within the first 12 minutes. My timestamp is within that period but I do not remember being asked which model I was reserving (WT, RST or 1st Ed.).

Does anyone remember or have a screenshot of the order form?