First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, Mini Countryman
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
So much for Rivian reservations as well.

Trick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Just got my invite today, I was original going to extended it since I wasn't looking to spend 80k. But then I was thinking if I place the order and take delivery I would be able to sell it for a similar price when the Silverado is avaible. That was until I configured it and the dealer added 5k, after they confirmed there would be no ADM.

OP
OP
Mr DJ

Mr DJ

First Name
Mr DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jag F-Type R; Corvette Grand Sport
Occupation
Retired Air Force
So what did you do?

Trick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Nothing yet, reached out to the dealer with the email saying there would be no ADM. See what happens.

OP
OP
Mr DJ

Mr DJ

First Name
Mr DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Air Force
I gave up on the Lightning as soon as the Silverado appeared. Even though I have it in writing that no ADM, I still no longer want it...

Reactions: Max

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F150 Lightning SR Lariat + '23 MME
Occupation
Tech
Got my Ford F150 Lightning order invite (MY 2022 final wave).
Paid deposit and have a build sheet.

Lariat SR base trim @ $70,000 before TTL.

Didn't have much of a choice - 2 top tiers only available for 2022.

Don't know if I will like the 20" street wheels, running boards and leather since I really wanted 18" wheels, no running boards for better breakover angle, and cloth seats as So Cal weather is too warm for leather that burns my a$$.

If not happy with this "street EV truck", I will sell it and wait for a more "off road EV truck".

OP
OP
Mr DJ

Mr DJ

First Name
Mr DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Air Force
Your dealer forced you the get the running boards? Are they at least the deployable set?

camaroz1985

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, VW ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Got my Ford F150 Lightning order invite (MY 2022 final wave).
Paid deposit and have a build sheet.

Lariat SR base trim @ $70,000 before TTL.

Didn't have much of a choice - 2 top tiers only available for 2022.

Don't know if I will like the 20" street wheels, running boards and leather since I really wanted 18" wheels, no running boards for better breakover angle, and cloth seats as So Cal weather is too warm for leather that burns my a$$.

If not happy with this "street EV truck", I will sell it and wait for a more "off road EV truck".
Do you have a Rivian reservation by chance? Seems that would be more up your alley.

OP
OP
Mr DJ

Mr DJ

First Name
Mr DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Air Force

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4
My fear with the Rivian is customer service. Do they have dealerships established? Can you trade in your current vehicle toward a Rivian? Who's going to help you when it breaks down? Can they get parts quickly?

The whole customer support part of the equation is critically important, especially when adopting brand new technology. I just don't know if Rivian can deliver.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F150 Lightning SR Lariat + '23 MME
Occupation
Tech
Do you have a Rivian reservation by chance? Seems that would be more up your alley.
Nope - just another Ford EV: Mustang Mach E for the wife - ordered, deposit paid, but no movement.

OTOH my Lighting just got a build date less than a month after I placed the order deposit.

Looks like Ford is prioritizing the Lightning ahead of MME, Bronco, Mavericks, etc...

camaroz1985

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, VW ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Nope - just another Ford EV: Mustang Mach E for the wife - ordered, deposit paid, but no movement.

OTOH my Lighting just got a build date less than a month after I placed the order deposit.

Looks like Ford is prioritizing the Lightning ahead of MME, Bronco, Mavericks, etc...
Great! Interested to see how you like your Lightning when you get it. I'm sure they are prioritizing the Lightning now. They have had a huge media push, would be bad if they weren't pumping them out like they said they would.

We considered the Mach E for my wife, but ultimately went with an ID.4 for my wife. Charging curve, cargo space, and availability were the main factors, but really availability is a headache for almost any EV now.

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E
My fear with the Rivian is customer service. Do they have dealerships established? Can you trade in your current vehicle toward a Rivian? Who's going to help you when it breaks down? Can they get parts quickly?

The whole customer support part of the equation is critically important, especially when adopting brand new technology. I just don't know if Rivian can deliver.
If Rivian is still around I came to think “yes”. I cancelled my order after the price increase because I don’t think they’ll survive.

rdr854

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F-150 Lightning,19 Volvo S60, 18 Volvo V90
I have both a Lightning on order and a first hour Silverado reservation. I have no idea which will be the better truck to meet my needs until there is more information on the Silverado.