First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F150 Lightning SR Lariat + '23 MME
Occupation
Tech
So this morning I get a text from GM about the Silverado EV WT that I have a reservation for.🎆

Thinking it's time to order.:)

Wrong - just announcing the past moments of Silverado EV....:(
Screenshot 2022-12-22 at 8.05.43 AM.png

Screenshot 2022-12-22 at 8.04.20 AM.png

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odessy, Mazda C-30, BMW 135i, Magnum SRT8
Occupation
Consultant
So Ford finally sent me offer on 12/15 to order Lightening for delivery in 1st quarter 2023. I have Platinum oder waiting for production slot. Just don't want to wait another year or more for Chevy to produce the Silverado. Would have liked the 400 vs 300 mile range but my longest trip in a POV is 240 miles for Ford delivers. If I have to go out of state I just rent if I drive. I have a phenomal weekly rental rate and if the vehicle has a problem enroute Hertz will bring me another. Sadly I'm canceling my Silverado Reservation.

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 TourX, '13 Volt, '04 CTS, '95 Suburban
Occupation
Retired
So Ford finally sent me offer on 12/15 to order Lightening for delivery in 1st quarter 2023. I have Platinum oder waiting for production slot. Just don't want to wait another year or more for Chevy to produce the Silverado. Would have liked the 400 vs 300 mile range but my longest trip in a POV is 240 miles for Ford delivers. If I have to go out of state I just rent if I drive. I have a phenomal weekly rental rate and if the vehicle has a problem enroute Hertz will bring me another. Sadly I'm canceling my Silverado Reservation.
That puts me one slot closer to getting my Silverado. Thank you!

That said, I’m also jumping onto the GMC Denali EV list

Why rent when just a few minutes at a level 3 charger can get you a bunch of range? I figure I have to eat and go to the restroom once in awhile. Granted, there are areas of the country thst won’t work today (I’m looking at you North and South Dakota), but my routes to where all of my children live have plenty of charging stations every 50-100 miles that are fast enough to mostly refill the battery in the timeframe of a meal.

OP
OP
4sallypat

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F150 Lightning SR Lariat + '23 MME
Occupation
Tech
That puts me one slot closer to getting my Silverado. Thank you!

That said, I’m also jumping onto the GMC Denali EV list

Why rent when just a few minutes at a level 3 charger can get you a bunch of range? I figure I have to eat and go to the restroom once in awhile. Granted, there are areas of the country thst won’t work today (I’m looking at you North and South Dakota), but my routes to where all of my children live have plenty of charging stations every 50-100 miles that are fast enough to mostly refill the battery in the timeframe of a meal.
Agree - the range is not a big deal for me.

I don't need to drive 400 miles in a day.

Most of my driving is 30 miles per day commuting.

For trips, I just plan on making more stops to stretch my legs, relax my back, and aging eyes.

Love to stop at L3 DCFC stations because they give you just enough time to go to bathroom, pickup a quick snack, and enjoy the travel day.

My current Lightning with standard range battery is more than adequate at EPA rated 230 miles per charge.

Because of the warm climate I live in, I am getting 15-25% over EPA range (260-291 miles per charge) even in late December.

80+ degree temps help a lot!
Screenshot 2022-12-23 at 6.34.20 PM.png

Old Aviator

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odessy, Mazda C-30, BMW 135i, Magnum SRT8
Occupation
Consultant
The warm climate is the key for me. I live in West Palm Beach, FL. average annual temp above 70 degrees. Best for good battery perfromance.

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 TourX, '13 Volt, '04 CTS, '95 Suburban
Occupation
Retired
I'm in IL where it was -9 last week and will be in the high 50s later this week. I plan on getting the 400 mile version as I hope to tow a vintage Airstream with it. I'll be on the ragged edge in terms of towing capacity and payload, I know the range will drop, but I'm retired, have the rest of my life to get there, so even at 150-200 miles per charge, we can make it work. I'm contemplating getting on the waiting list for a Rivian but the R1S doesn't have the 400 mile battery yet and I prefer the SUV form factor over the pickup.