First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline, Rivian
Occupation
Retired
I've been reading horror stories of difficulties getting deposits refunded. I'm wondering if there are any success stories. Has anyone had their deposit refunded promptly and effortlessly? I probably won't be getting a Silverado because I bought a Rivian and I'm happy with it. There's still a possibility I could get a Silverado if they were so good that I had to have one. It's looking more doubtful every day. Anyway I'm so far back in the queue that a reservation is pretty irrelevant. I think I'll want my deposit back. I'll probably go right to the dealer and talk to a manager about what the process is. Maybe they'll just hand me a check. :) I wonder why Chevy / GM handed out hundreds of thousands of useless reservations anyway. They should have stopped at 50,000. It's probably just a way to generate interest. Bait and switch with nothing.

wattsup

First Name
Watts
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Penalty Box
I've been reading horror stories of difficulties getting deposits refunded. I'm wondering if there are any success stories. Has anyone had their deposit refunded promptly and effortlessly? I probably won't be getting a Silverado because I bought a Rivian and I'm happy with it. There's still a possibility I could get a Silverado if they were so good that I had to have one. It's looking more doubtful every day. Anyway I'm so far back in the queue that a reservation is pretty irrelevant. I think I'll want my deposit back. I'll probably go right to the dealer and talk to a manager about what the process is. Maybe they'll just hand me a check. :) I wonder why Chevy / GM handed out hundreds of thousands of useless reservations anyway. They should have stopped at 50,000. It's probably just a way to generate interest. Bait and switch with nothing.
Interest, yes, but also an interest-free loan.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F150 Lightning SR Lariat + '23 MME
Occupation
Tech
Thanks for reminding me!

I have 2 reservations to cancel since GM never came out with either EV truck.

GMC Denali EV & Silverado EV.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
I cancelled online 10/3. Almost immediately got robo-texts from the dealer asking what vehicle I wanted more info on. Replied I just wanted a refund. They replied it would be forwarded. Crickets for 10 days so I used the dealer's online Contact Us to ask about refund. I gave details (name and address, reservation number, date they charged my CC, last 4 of CC, etc.). And of course immediate responses from robot mailers wanting to know the vehicle I wanted. I replied I wanted a refund.

A few days later got a text from Sales Manager stating that he had a check ready. I gave them my address and it showed up today. Dealer is Five Star Chevrolet in Carrollton TX. Nice guy once you get the right person.

Frustrating to have dealers with zero contact info on their website. The Ford dealer I use has email and phone numbers for all managers and sales people plus parts and service managers.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
I got both Chevy Silverado EV and GMC Denali EV refunds done online.

Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 5.40.06 PM.png

camaroz1985

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, VW ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
It was easy to start the cancellation, even got an email from the dealer within a day saying they would start the refund. However it took 2 months and several emails to actually materialize.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
It was easy to start the cancellation, even got an email from the dealer within a day saying they would start the refund. However it took 2 months and several emails to actually materialize.
Did the cancellation ask for a credit / debit card to refund to ?

Thought that was strange since they know what card I used originally....

OP
OP
Charjd

Charjd

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline, Rivian
Occupation
Retired
I thought I would report my cancellation experience. I went to the reservation website and did the cancellation process, giving them the info on the credit card I used to make the reservation. Then I waited, not knowing what to expect. I did get a call and text thanking me for enquiring about the 2025 Silverado (gas?), which I wasn't aware that I did. I never replied. Today I went to the website of the card and there was a $100 credit. The company was "General Motors". So it is over now and it was easy and fast. My place in the queue was near the end, so it hardly mattered. Mary Barra says that they plan to fulfill the "100,000" Silverado EV reservations first in the next two or three years.