Starting price and ETA?

Snappy22

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Bronco, 13 Pilot
With the 2023 Lightning prices being announced today, what’s the latest regarding base Silverado EV price and when it’ll begin to be available?
I’m not wedded to either company, but like many others, cross shopping EV trucks, and have early reservation for both.
With The $7k increase on Lightning Pro, maybe I wait for Silverado….hmm.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4
I'm sure Silverado prices will go up likewise. Materials prices are what they are for everyone making trucks.

Sounds to me like Silverado EV timeline is getting pushed back just a bit. Hmm.......

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F150 Lightning SR Lariat + '23 MME
Occupation
Tech
If GM's timeline on track (2024 MY), then we should hear from GM later this year for scheduling production.

I just don't know if GM will do what Ford did:
  • ZEV state preferential allocations
  • Volume truck sales = higher dealer allocations
  • Prioritizing by dealers to move their "loyal or rich" customers ahead of the reservation holders
  • Sell upper tier trims more than the base WT EV

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 TourX, '13 Volt, '04 CTS, '95 Suburban
Occupation
Retired
I placed my Silverado EV reservation yesterday. It said “starting Summer 2024”. I don’t know if it is for my reservation or all SilveradoEVs in general.

rdr854

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F-150 Lightning,19 Volvo S60, 18 Volvo V90
A salesman at my local dealer told me that the starting price for the work truck is now $60K. Don’t know how how true that is, considering we don’t have anything official from GM. But given the fact that Ford’s CFO apparently said that FMC has not made a profit on any of the the Mach Es, I would not be surprised.

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 TourX, '13 Volt, '04 CTS, '95 Suburban
Occupation
Retired
A salesman at my local dealer told me that the starting price for the work truck is now $60K. Don’t know how how true that is, considering we don’t have anything official from GM. But given the fact that Ford’s CFO apparently said that FMC has not made a profit on any of the the Mach Es, I would not be surprised.
they are probably pulling a Musk by requiring first editions to be fully decked out WTs IAWD, midgate, big battery) then when sales and demand taper, they offer the cheaper $39,999 version. Alas, I want the RST, not the WT.

rdr854

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F-150 Lightning,19 Volvo S60, 18 Volvo V90
they are probably pulling a Musk by requiring first editions to be fully decked out WTs IAWD, midgate, big battery) then when sales and demand taper, they offer the cheaper $39,999 version. Alas, I want the RST, not the WT.
He told me that the RST first edition was $110K.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X, Toyota Prius Prime
F150 Lightning pro starting price is $51k now.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F150 Lightning SR Lariat + '23 MME
Occupation
Tech
Salesman was probably guessing but I think the starting price for a base WT Silverado will be around $50K.

Looking at how Ford's base Pro trim went from $40K to $46K to 51K makes me think that by the time GM is ready to release the WT will be at least $50K if not more.