PCL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Tucson
Given that Tesla has now completely removed the Cybertruck's production timeline from their site, we should probably just replace all of its numbers with "whatever your imagination can conceive!"

Chevy_maybe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Several
Given that Tesla has now completely removed the Cybertruck's production timeline from their site, we should probably just replace all of its numbers with "whatever your imagination can conceive!"
Lol. Of course, to be fair, Covid and the related supply shortages happened since the launch (in late 2019?).

Currently, I understand that the Cybertruck is scheduled for limited production in Q4 of this year, and volume production in 2023. Regardless, there are supposed to be details of production and specs shared during the next quarterly earnings call (next month?). I also understand they are opening the truck's new Austin factory this month. So, I wouldn't count Tesla out in the EV pickup competition.

I'm glad that gm is finally at the table for pickup trucks, at least beating Stellantis/Ram to the punch. Let's hope that gm can stick to its production schedule for the Silverado, and deliver or exceed the promised specs.

--------------
Frederick, thanks for compiling this comparison. It's very helpful.

blturner

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150, Pacifica
Occupation
IT
I can't decide if the way that each truck copies the prices and one ups the specs of all the ones before is a good or bad thing.
Is it competition or just speculation. The only spec that seems original is the HP.
I would guess that many of these first edition trucks will either be sold at a loss or not actually sold at all and miss on payload and range.
I think Tesla's is the biggest wildcard as they(Elon) don't seem to get the why of a pickup truck.

New_Mariner

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado WT/RST
Occupation
Retired
The Silvalanche EV an hummer have a joke of a payload. I imagine the Ford Maverick may have more? It does. 1500 lbs. They are heavy as f*ck and the payload is a joke, but I am liking the Chevy with the folding midgate. I hope it has a heat pump and camp mode.

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette C8
The Silvalanche EV an hummer have a joke of a payload. I imagine the Ford Maverick may have more? It does. 1500 lbs. They are heavy as f*ck and the payload is a joke, but I am liking the Chevy with the folding midgate. I hope it has a heat pump and camp mode.
Heat pump, mid-gate and canprr mode please!!

astricklin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer, 2013 Toyota Prius C
I can't decide if the way that each truck copies the prices and one ups the specs of all the ones before is a good or bad thing.
Is it competition or just speculation. The only spec that seems original is the HP.
They have been one upping each other with the ice trucks for decades. This is honestly nothing new.