First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford bronco
Occupation
Nurse
I definitely like the design of the Silverado better. It's almost like Ford didn't feel like setting the lightening apart from their ICE f150.

camaroz1985

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, VW ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I definitely like the design of the Silverado better. It's almost like Ford didn't feel like setting the lightening apart from their ICE f150.
In a way they don't. They want the user to be able to install all the accessories that they could on their ICE F-150 on their new Lightning, but more importantly they are using the current generation of Lightning as a stepping stone to get to a new truck on a dedicated EV platform. When that arrives in 2025/2026 we will have a better indicator of if they think the same-as design is better or if they will further differentiate the EV vs ICE trucks. I think to maximize range, you will see them going more the Chevy route, and having the EV truck look different from the ICE.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4
To people buying it, that's the beauty of it. When you have the #1 selling motor vehicle in the U.S. for over 40 years it's extremely risky to change it. "If it ain't broke don't fix it" basically. Rivian had nothing to lose because they're an upstart. GM has been turning out the most hideous designs in the business for 25 years now, so people expected their offering to be ugly. But Ford...now there's a company that had a lot to lose and a reputation to uphold so they very wisely kept their EV pickup in the appearance of a pickup. I actually prefer it. Apparently the 200k people who reserved it immediately did also.

Too bad we won't see any available for 3 years.

Chevy has time to tweak the Silverado so it doesn't look so Avalanchish so we'll see what they do, but I doubt it'll be ground breaking.

Cmiller81

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford bronco
Occupation
Nurse
To people buying it, that's the beauty of it. When you have the #1 selling motor vehicle in the U.S. for over 40 years it's extremely risky to change it. "If it ain't broke don't fix it" basically. Rivian had nothing to lose because they're an upstart. GM has been turning out the most hideous designs in the business for 25 years now, so people expected their offering to be ugly. But Ford...now there's a company that had a lot to lose and a reputation to uphold so they very wisely kept their EV pickup in the appearance of a pickup. I actually prefer it. Apparently the 200k people who reserved it immediately did also.

Too bad we won't see any available for 3 years.

Chevy has time to tweak the Silverado so it doesn't look so Avalanchish so we'll see what they do, but I doubt it'll be ground breaking.
Ford took a chance with the design of the mustang ev, which I think was a slap in the face of the mustang brand, but that seemed to work for them.