Picking a Silverado EV Dealer

SunDevil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 350, Honda Odyssey
Let me preface this by saying I have a F150 Lightning reservation and the process has been a debacle! I likely will not be able to order a 2022 model despite having a fairly early reservation. I chose an out of state dealer who offers a discount off the MSRP price. This week I did not get a Wave 2 invitation and contact them. It turns out this dealer only received 2 Lightnings allocated to them.

So like a bad divorce, I have a bad taste in my mouth with the whole reservation converting to ordering process. I understand GM may do it differently, but here is where I'm at and what I'm wondering the following:

I am currently reserved at a local dealer. However, although they are on our list for no ADM, when I asked the question a different way, they said, "well, if everyone in our area is charging above MSRP then we certainly will." So I don't have faith that this dealer will not mark up the truck. I had actually moved to this dealer because they were on our no ADM list. I was #1 on the list of my prior local dealer. The internet manager at my prior dealer emailed me promising me not to have any ADM. (His sales person who called me 10 minutes after my reservation said the would be adding ADM.) However, I am in Arizona and with Ford they heavily favored BEV states with allocations. I worry that even if I'm #1 at my dealer, what if they don't any allocated? There is also a dealer in Alabama that I'm impressed with offering $2,500 off MSRP that is tempting. But what if that dealer doesn't get any allocations? If I could do my Lightning reservation over, I should have reserved at a dealer in California. Maybe I should with the Silverado EV?

Any advice? Does anyone have any experience of how GM does their ordering? (I think I will check out the Hummer forum to find out.) Do we know how GM will do their prioritization of reservations? I was told GM will only go off of time stamp of the reservation. This would be awesome, especially if they don't allow dealers to prioritize later reservations in front of me. (Does anyone know how to find my time stamp of my reservation? If it is based on email confirmation, it would be about 2 minutes after I reserved. The F150 Lightning had a back door method of finding out.)

I recognizing I'm projecting upon GM how Ford treated me, which may not be fair. Sorry for the long ramble here.

Last edited:
OP
OP

SunDevil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 350, Honda Odyssey
They emailed me promising to charge only MSRP. But when I asked about all other fees, like doc fees, etc. they have not responded.

Last edited:

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F150 Lightning SR Lariat + '23 MME
Occupation
Tech
They emailed me promising to charge only MSRP. But when I asked about all other fees, like doc fees, etc. they have not responded.
Are doc fees subjective to your state ?
I know in CA, it's $85 fixed.

I am also from the F150L forum and a bit disappointed - will wait till March to see if the future waves might include me for '22 MY.....

I placed my Silverado reservation 3 minutes after opening with Mark Christopher in Ontario, CA.

Don't know if they ADM.

OP
OP

SunDevil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 350, Honda Odyssey
In Arizona the doc fee can vary greatly, as much as $1,000! That is great news they are limited in CA.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F150 Lightning SR Lariat + '23 MME
Occupation
Tech
In Arizona the doc fee can vary greatly, as much as $1,000! That is great news they are limited in CA.
SO the Doc fee is a profit line item for a dealer in AZ ?