Not getting my deposit refunded

derekhan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado EV
Did you call or go to your dealer?

I got an email from my dealer when I canceled, but still took several followups and about 2 months to get it.
I called GM. GM told me that GM handles it. But, it seems like they don't want to refund. They can't handle this simple process. I wonder how other services are.

Tomnvlv

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota 4Runner
I logged into my reservation and cancelled, my refund came almost immediately from GM. My credit card has been replace once since my reservation due to fraud and the refund still came through. GM must have heard all the complaints and streamlined the process.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F150 Lightning SR Lariat + '23 MME
Occupation
Tech
I logged into my reservation and cancelled, my refund came almost immediately from GM. My credit card has been replace once since my reservation due to fraud and the refund still came through. GM must have heard all the complaints and streamlined the process.
Did the same today.
Refund started.
Screenshot 2024-01-20 at 9.53.09 AM.jpeg

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 TourX, '13 Volt, '04 CTS, '95 Suburban
Occupation
Retired
So with everyone cancelling I keep moving up the line. Yet I don’t want to get too far up in line, I need others to be Guinea pigs so I can get a solid 2nd model year RST with hopefully most of the gremlins worked out.