Midgate can let this act like SUV?

Snappy22

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Bronco, 13 Pilot
How does the mid gate fold down? Do second row seats stay up? If so add a bed cap and turn this into an SUV?

OP
OP
Snappy22

Snappy22

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Bronco, 13 Pilot
I take it back. The glass is fixed it looks and the lower section pops open forward once the second row is lowered. I can’t really see much use for this other than the rare chance I need a long piece of lumber.
hopeful that there will be a sliding window option as a fixed piece of glass isn’t awesome in my mind.

or maybe add the bed cap and figure out how to physically remove the mid gate and glass to open it up like an SUV. 🤔

astricklin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer, 2013 Toyota Prius C
The back glass can be removed. There's an animation on the Chevy website that shows the different configurations.

OP
OP
Snappy22

Snappy22

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Bronco, 13 Pilot
The back glass can be removed. There's an animation on the Chevy website that shows the different configurations.
Now we’re talkin!

OP
OP
Snappy22

Snappy22

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Bronco, 13 Pilot
Well I think this is what you’re talking about? But it still shows the seats folded down. Would be cool to find out if it can be open with seats up.
and where does the glass store when like this? On vehicle or in garage only?
A3B31C00-E78A-46EA-9489-74CAAA31FB61.jpeg

camaroz1985

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, VW ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Well I think this is what you’re talking about? But it still shows the seats folded down. Would be cool to find out if it can be open with seats up.
and where does the glass store when like this? On vehicle or in garage only?
A3B31C00-E78A-46EA-9489-74CAAA31FB61.jpeg
The glass can be removed independently. The gate itself will have to be up for the seats to be up, but you could remove the glass and have open air to the bed (or enclosed rear storage area if using a topper). The glass stores on the midgate behind the seats. I think that will be the best you can get. If you had the topper on though you could leave the glass at home, and then just drop either side of the midgate and the corresponding seat to access the rear from inside the cab. Basically it would be like having a split bench to access the rear, but it would require folding the seat and the midgate to access instead of just the seat.

OP
OP
Snappy22

Snappy22

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Bronco, 13 Pilot
Awesome! Thanks for the insight!

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 TourX, '13 Volt, '04 CTS, '95 Suburban
Occupation
Retired
Maybe we need to wait for a Subyukonade EV from GM for that SUV that you want. I'm sure its coming.... eventually. Having owned a Suburban since 1998, I'll probably lease this Silverado then switch to a SubyukonadeEV if and when it comes.

Then again, there's always the Hummer SUV

Mr DJ

First Name
Mr DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jag F-Type R; Corvette Grand Sport
Occupation
Retired Air Force
Have
Then again, there's always the Hummer SUV
Have you reserved one? Better get on it if you even think of buying one. I read yesterday somewhere that the Hummer is produced at ONLY 12 per day; that it will take 17 years to fill the reserved list...could be BS; anyways, the Hummer SUV could be even slower. I reserved one a few months ago--no telling when I'll hear back from my dealer...

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Have

Have you reserved one? Better get on it if you even think of buying one. I read yesterday somewhere that the Hummer is produced at ONLY 12 per day; that it will take 17 years to fill the reserved list...could be BS; anyways, the Hummer SUV could be even slower. I reserved one a few months ago--no telling when I'll hear back from my dealer...
I have not reserved a hummer only because I want 400+ miles of range as it will be cut in half when I tow my vintage airstream. The current range isn’t enough to be useful for towing.

I’m pretty sure the 12 per day problem is due to the chip shortage hitting supply chain. That should eventually ease and GMC will ramp up to triple digits per day. When? Who knows?

Mr DJ

First Name
Mr DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jag F-Type R; Corvette Grand Sport
Occupation
Retired Air Force
I hear you about the towing. I used to tow a trailer of two Polaris ATVs and two dirt bikes; sold all so towing nothing these days but still obtaining and RST along with the Hummer SUV just because.

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I hear you about the towing. I used to tow a trailer of two Polaris ATVs and two dirt bikes; sold all so towing nothing these days but still obtaining and RST along with the Hummer SUV just because.
Why both? They seem a bit redundant.

I personally am hoping to go from 4 vehicles down to one with the Silverado EV. I have a problem parting with perfectly good, running vehicles and need to find a 12 step program somewhere. I'm in the process of completely gutting and renovating a vintage Airstream that we purchased in 1998, camped in it twice, then parked it for 20+ years. When I'm done, I'm actually tempted to tear the Suburban apart, do a frame-off restoration, and maybe by then GM will have crate EV motors and user-installable Ultium battery packs so I can retrofit this. But it would be much easier to just buy a Silverado EV RST and be done with it.