Got a letter from my dealer this weekend.....

SilverEDoEV

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Manufacturing
Letter came with a refund for the deposit I made on hour 1 of the Siverado EV reveal.
I NEVER requested cancelling my order. WTF Chevy?
Are there others out there getting their reservations cancelled like this?
Are we also losing our spots in line?

Chevy.EV.jpg

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Says right there in the letter they did it in response to legislation passed in Florida. The Chevy deposit process did not meet the requirements of the new Florida law. http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...ute&URL=0500-0599/0501/Sections/0501.976.html

(10) Require or accept a deposit from a prospective customer prior to entering into a binding contract for the purchase and sale of a vehicle unless the customer is given a written receipt that states how long the dealer will hold the vehicle from other sale and the amount of the deposit, and clearly and conspicuously states whether and upon what conditions the deposit is refundable or nonrefundable.

OP
OP

SilverEDoEV

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22' F150 Lightning Pro
Occupation
Manufacturing
Says right there in the letter they did it in response to legislation passed in Florida. The Chevy deposit process did not meet the requirements of the new Florida law. http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...ute&URL=0500-0599/0501/Sections/0501.976.html

(10) Require or accept a deposit from a prospective customer prior to entering into a binding contract for the purchase and sale of a vehicle unless the customer is given a written receipt that states how long the dealer will hold the vehicle from other sale and the amount of the deposit, and clearly and conspicuously states whether and upon what conditions the deposit is refundable or nonrefundable.
Thanks for providing the new law.
It's just the $100 reservation deposit I made along with thousands of others on January 5th 2022. This is not a deposit for an actual order. Chevy isn't taking orders yet.
Is this happening only to Florida residents?
I had previously moved my reservation to another dealer in "EV friendly" Maryland about a year ago. I need to call them to see if my reservation is still valid with them.

Any other Florida reservation holders on this forum please chime in.
Are you guys losing your reservations too?
(Fungi410, Stormtrooper11, lilwendal, Snickerdoodle, Old Aviator, Zog, throwcomputer)???

Last edited: