First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Volt
Occupation
Engineering
I don't HAVE to do business with that dealership, no matter how close or convenient it is to where I live.
Then don't? I too love the free market. There would be a big difference if GM wouldn't let you move your reservation to a different dealership before completing the order. Get a pricing agreement in writing with your dealer of choice that states what their ADM is, or if there isn't one. If the dealer refuses or charges you more than you want to pay, switch dealers.

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E
Sure..but this does need to be balanced against GM appearing to violate federal price-fixing laws. by trying to control dealer prices
I’m not a lawyer nor do I play one on TV. …..

Chevrolet is a trademark worth billions of $. GM owns it. I don’t think it’s price fixing for them to maintain some control over the use of that trademark.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Frontier, olds Aurora V8, Regal, Sky
I feel a little funny typing this after Rivian price hike but as of now, they are saying I can get mine at original price.

Regardless of what GM dealers can legally or morally getaway with, the fact of the matter is that when my Rivian number is called, if I am still at the mercy of my GM dealer and no one can guarantee what I get for what price, I will pull the trigger on Rivian and I will be out of Silverado wait list. I understand with current demand, no one will care but when market changes, there will be one less GM loyalist. I say this as someone that owned many GM cars and loved most of them. I say this as someone that prefers to own an RST over R1T. That is how much I hate uncertainty and stress of dealing with dealers. Dealers either don't have the foresight to see what is coming or too blinded by short term profit to care. Once I am driving around in a Rivian, GM dealers won't be making money on parts and labor on my vehicle. Mr. Olson letter should put your mind at ease about your purchase instead of pushing you to another brand. By screwing over both the customer and GM, they are pushing GM to load up on lawyers to find a way around current protection dealers have. It seems like Ford has already stared to take first steps in that dirrection with their EV business. Writing is on the wall, dealers are just too illiterate to appreciate the poetry of it all.

Mr DJ

First Name
Mr DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jag F-Type R; Corvette Grand Sport
Occupation
Retired Air Force
Who will repair the Rivian?

Tesla is bad enough; pick up your ride and return it whenever OR you just happen to live next to a service center, drop it off and walk home.

GM is it for me...my next 3 vehicles: RST, Blazer EV, E-Ray