Fredrick

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tacoma
2024-Chevrolet-Silverado-EV-Trail-Boss-002.jpg

This thing is definitely BOSS. Out of the 3 trims shown so far (WT, RST and Trail Boss) I definitely prefer the Trail Boss most. Unfortunately, it's probably not coming to market until late 2023 - 2024. Here's some design analysis and release schedule info I found:

The Silverado EV Trail Boss appears to have a matte black front fascia treatment similar to that of the Silverado EV WT, but with a design like that of the Silverado EV RST, including a gray lower bit for the bumper. We also spot a set of red tow hooks, as is tradition for the Trail Boss, plus a taller overall stance. The vehicle featured in the image also doesn’t have any Trail Boss badging, at least visible from this angle.​
Under the matte-black fender liners, we see multi-spoke wheels with a black finish and wrapped in chunky off-roading tires. It’s also possible the 2024 Chevy Silverado EV Trail Boss may incorporate off-roading technology plucked from the GMC Hummer EV, such as CrabWalk mode.​
General Motors has stated that it will launch the new 2024 Chevy Silverado EV Trail Boss following the launch of the Chevy Silverado EV RST First Edition and WT models. As such, it’s possible we’ll see the battery-driven Trail Boss around the fall of 2023.​
2024-Chevrolet-Silverado-EV-Trail-Boss-002.jpg

Cmiller81

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford bronco
Occupation
Nurse
I was interested in that trim too. I am wondering what the ground clearance is on WT and if it's adjustable because if it's good I won't wait for the trail boss

Last edited:

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, Mini Countryman
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
The TrailBoss is the only trim I'm really interested in. I might be interested in the RST, but that's dependent on the pricing. I'm assuming the RST First Edition is the only version that's $105K.

I'm just not sure I'm willing to wait until 2024. I'm expecting delivery of a Rivian R1T at the end of 2022. If that slips, I may just give up on getting any EV and go buy a Raptor, Silverado ZR2, or Sierra AT4X.

camaroz1985

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, VW ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I like the Trail Boss, but wish it didn’t have the cheap looking black bumper. Make the upper and front of the drunk color matched like the RST, and it would be a real winner. If I do end up ordering this is probably the trim I would go for, though I don’t necessarily need the lift, so maybe a regular LT or LTZ instead assuming they come out.

The TrailBoss is the only trim I'm really interested in. I might be interested in the RST, but that's dependent on the pricing. I'm assuming the RST First Edition is the only version that's $105K.

I'm just not sure I'm willing to wait until 2024. I'm expecting delivery of a Rivian R1T at the end of 2022. If that slips, I may just give up on getting any EV and go buy a Raptor, Silverado ZR2, or Sierra AT4X.
My R1T delivery window is second half of 2023 (Explore and Max pack double hurt me). I most likely will go through with that unless they A) drop max pack or B) really raise the price from current estimates. The Silverado is my backup. Had it been revealed a year sooner it would probably be my primary choice.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, Mini Countryman
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
I like the Trail Boss, but wish it didn’t have the cheap looking black bumper. Make the upper and front of the drunk color matched like the RST, and it would be a real winner. If I do end up ordering this is probably the trim I would go for, though I don’t necessarily need the lift, so maybe a regular LT or LTZ instead assuming they come out.

My R1T delivery window is second half of 2023 (Explore and Max pack double hurt me). I most likely will go through with that unless they A) drop max pack or B) really raise the price from current estimates. The Silverado is my backup. Had it been revealed a year sooner it would probably be my primary choice.
Agree with your comment on the Trailboss' from bumper. I live in Colorado and do a lot of off roading. That's why I really want the TB. Like you, that might have been my first choice if GM had introduced it last year.