Cheapest Silverado with Mid-gate, 300 mile range and 10.2 KW AC

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Kona EV, 2021 Corvette Convertible
If I was certain I was getting a vehicle in 2024, I would adjust my withholdings accordingly so Uncle Sam isn’t holding money that I could have put to better use… especially given how slow the IRS is at issuing tax refunds. Back in 2014 after I purchased my Volt, I got a $10k refund check. Back then the turnaround time was single digit weeks.
You don't have to adjust your withholdings. My example of having a zero dollar tax refund was just done for easy math. As long as your tax liability for the year is at least $7500 you will get the EV tax credit. Looking at 2021 tax tables a single person would have to earn roughly $54000 to have a $7500 tax liability. So if you normally have a $1500 tax refund you will get $9000 or if you normally owe $1500 in April your refund will be $6000.

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 TourX, '13 Volt, '04 CTS, '95 Suburban
Occupation
Retired
You don't have to adjust your withholdings. My example of having a zero dollar tax refund was just done for easy math. As long as your tax liability for the year is at least $7500 you will get the EV tax credit. Looking at 2021 tax tables a single person would have to earn roughly $54000 to have a $7500 tax liability. So if you normally have a $1500 tax refund you will get $9000 or if you normally owe $1500 in April your refund will be $6000.
But why let the government hold money only to give it back to you almost a year later. I changed my tax withholding and changed it back the next year.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Kona EV, 2021 Corvette Convertible
But why let the government hold money only to give it back to you almost a year later. I changed my tax withholding and changed it back the next year.
oh right exactly. It does act like a little savings plan especially with crappy interest rates don’t give a bank saving account any benefit

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 TourX, '13 Volt, '04 CTS, '95 Suburban
Occupation
Retired
oh right exactly. It does act like a little savings plan especially with crappy interest rates don’t give a bank saving account any benefit
Except the government treasury department is not a savings plan. Every penny you siphon into a 401(k) or mutual fund can grow much faster than any bank or CD interest rate. I squirreled away 10% since college and was able to retire early at 55. Giving it to the government to hold and give back to you 4-20 months later is not a successful savings plan. But I digress… back to electric trucks…

I personally won’t be ordering the cheapest Silverado as my wife’s back requires the power passenger seat with lumbar, Thus we’re stuck getting the highest or next highest trim. This does make me wonder whether Cadillac will bring back the Escalade EXT with the midgate.