Cheapest Silverado with Mid-gate, 300 mile range and 10.2 KW AC

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Frontier, olds Aurora V8, Regal, Sky
I won’t be paying $100K+ for a truck and trying to see if Silverado is worth the wait. I don’t care about many features others consider an upgrade except the ones mentioned (Mid-gate, 300 mile range and full AC output). What do you guys think the lowest price these features can be had for? Do you think GM will play the same pricing game Ford is playing with Lightning? When do you think pricing will be available? Even though I am dying to get my hands on that mid-gate, if I don’t have clear pricing when I get the call from Rivian, I will pull the trigger on that one. What do you think?

Last edited:

tripowergto

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 2SS Hot Wheels Camaro conv, 2016 Corvette LT2
Occupation
Owner REAL ROCK Productions, live music production and promotion
Doesn't the Rivian start around $70k. Silvy EV WT starts at $40k.

Reactions: Max
OP
OP
Max

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Frontier, olds Aurora V8, Regal, Sky
Doesn't the Rivian start around $70k. Silvy EV WT starts at $40k.
Apples and Oranges. GM trucks with that kinda performance are over $100K (and they don’t have tax incentive). R1T starts at $67,500. Silverado $40K is like Lightning $40K; exist only on paper. It will be a very long time before any mortal actually owns one. I learned on Lightning not to hold my breath for $40K BEV trucks. There is no way I could get a Silverado with 300 mile range and a mid-gate for $40K.

astricklin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer, 2013 Toyota Prius C
We don't know what range options Chevy will make available. We know there will be 400+ available but we don't know at what price and on which trims it will be available on at retail (Ford restricted the extended range on the base model to fleet orders). We don't know the range for the $40k version.
We don't know the trims the midgate will be available on or the price for a truck with a midgate other than the first edition.

Honestly until more details are available from GM, nobody knows. Also these things are always subject to change. Initially Ford didn't have the upgraded off-road package on the Bronco available with a manual transmission but due to customer demand it now is.

My best suggestion is start to talk to your dealer about what you would like to see available and possibly also post on Chevy's social media. If you are able to make it to any auto shows also speak with the representatives there as they should have a way to provide feedback to the manufacturer as well.

tren01t

First Name
Lennert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3, 2006 Dodge Ram 1500
Occupation
Chemist
I missed out on the F-150 lightening reservation but did check out the pricing structure on their configuration page. I would suspect but do not quote me, "lol" it may track pricing on the variant you are interested would be around the 80-90k range. I am interested in the same type of configuration and configured a F-150 Lariat with similar specs at 80K. I also have a Rivian R1T adventure lg pack and Tesla Cybertruck dual motor on reservation/pre-order. The idea of a 40K single/dual motor truck is a non-starter due to inflation, chip and material supply constraints and demand for BEV trucks.
Just my 2 cents (and will take a rebate on that 2 cents).
Hope my conjecture on this helps.

Cmiller81

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford bronco
Occupation
Nurse
Apples and Oranges. GM trucks with that kinda performance are over $100K (and they don’t have tax incentive). R1T starts at $67,500. Silverado $40K is like Lightning $40K; exist only on paper. It will be a very long time before any mortal actually owns one. I learned on Lightning not to hold my breath for $40K BEV trucks. There is no way I could get a Silverado with 300 mile range and a mid-gate for $40K.
Tax incentives only work if you owe taxes. If you don't owe anything at the end of year you get jack shit from the government.

guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tundra
Tax incentives only work if you owe taxes. If you don't owe anything at the end of year you get jack shit from the government.
I know there are always outliers, but I assume the vast majority of people buying 60-100K trucks have at least a $7500 federal tax liability. Also, remember it's your tax liability, not whether you owe at the end of the year.

Nexus

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ford F250 Diesel-2022 XL Hybrid Maverick
Occupation
Goverment
I am new to this form on the Silverado EV and have yet to own a battery powered vehicle.
I did put a deposit on the preorder but looks likes its going to be a long wait. Only am interested
in the WT with minimum accessories and what $40,000.00 will purchase.

I do love the mid-gate that is one accessory I must have if it adds to the WT baseline cost. I now have a Ford Maverick hybrid XL I ordered only the bottom line vehicle and I'm very well impressed with what I received for $20,000. I did add after I received it-spray in bedliner-trailer hitch-different rims It gets pretty close to 47 miles a gallon in the rural area that I live in.

Never thought I'd want a battery-powered vehicle with the range and charging times changing all the time to get real-life practical. Never thought I would own a battery assist bicycle but last year bought one for me and the wife couldn't be more pleased with them.

So I have learned never say never, the technology is changing all the time and I do believe the Silverado EV will be a big hit like the Ford Maverick hybrid.

Cmiller81

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford bronco
Occupation
Nurse
I am new to this form on the Silverado EV and have yet to own a battery powered vehicle.
I did put a deposit on the preorder but looks likes its going to be a long wait. Only am interested

I do love the mid-gate that is one accessory I must have if it adds to the WT baseline cost. I now have a Ford Maverick hybrid XL I ordered only the bottom line vehicle and I'm very well impressed with what I received for $20,000. I did add after I received it-spray in bedliner-trailer hitch-different rims It gets pretty close to 47 miles a gallon in the rural area that I live in.

Never thought I'd want a battery-powered vehicle with the range and charging times changing all the time to get real-life practical. Never thought I would own a battery assist bicycle but last year bought one for me and the wife couldn't be more pleased with them.

So I have learned never say never, the technology is changing all the time and I do believe the Silverado EV will be a big hit like the Ford Maverick hybrid.
I thought the same thing till I traded in my 2021 bronco for a 2022 ioniq 5 and love battery vehicles. I will never go back to an ICE car. Takes a little to get used to charging unless you can do it at your house, but the instant power is just awesome.

RLXXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F 150, 2014 Escape, 2011 Suzuki DR 650SE
Occupation
Auto tech
I had reserved the Lightning but life got in the way of converting the res to an order so I decided to reserve a Rivian R1T then they pulled that bait and switch bs and I lost all confidence in the company as a whole and the CT is about the fugliest machine I've ever seen next to the Pontiac Aztec.

Then I saw the midgate feature on the Silverado and instantly fell in love with the option.. Not all that crazy on the body yet, (don't care much for the Avalanche c pillars) but am not averse to having them if I can get the midgate at a decent cost, the multi tailgate is also nice but I could work around without it if need be.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4

I'm in the same boat. ICE pickup trucks have been on roads for a hundred years. They're tried and true. To me, the ONLY reason to switch to EV is if there is financial gain. Period.

If GM, Ford, and Ram can't deliver a pickup for under $50k that has 400 miles of range, equal payload, equal towing, and equal onboard comfort and storage then it's all a moot point. Anybody willing to spend $100k on an EV pickup is missing the entire point of EV.

I am on the reservation list for the WT trim Silverado, because the Lightning reservations are full. But I'm anxiously waiting to see how much range GM is going to give people for $40k.

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 TourX, '13 Volt, '04 CTS, '95 Suburban
Occupation
Retired
I'm in the same boat. ICE pickup trucks have been on roads for a hundred years. They're tried and true. To me, the ONLY reason to switch to EV is if there is financial gain. Period.
Some people are willing to pay to be green. I’m crazy enough to attempt towing a vintage airstream with it.

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Kona EV, 2021 Corvette Convertible
Its not how much you owe at the end of the year. Its tax liability, which is the amount of tax you owe to the federal government. Most people have at least a $7500 tax liability, figure if make roughly $55000 (rough guess). Its the amount tax you paid during the year. Say you made $1000 gross a week, $150 is deducted for fed tax and you normally get zero back on your April tax return. so in this example you paid $150 times 52 weeks is $7800 in year tax liability. You had a $7800 tax liability to the government but it was taken from you during the year in normal paycheck deductions so your refund is zero but if bought an EV you would get the full $7500 refund. The non-refundable part comes in only if you make too little. If you make $30000 then your tax liability may only be $3000 so you would only be eligible to receive $3000 back on the EV credit. It has nothing to do with your normal tax return amount. This is simplified but tax liability does not mean tax refund amount.

Last edited:

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Kona EV, 2021 Corvette Convertible
Since I extended in April Ford held 2022 pricing on my order.

order.png

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 TourX, '13 Volt, '04 CTS, '95 Suburban
Occupation
Retired
Its not how much you owe at the end of the year. Its tax liability, which is the amount of tax you owe to the federal government. Most people have at least a $7500 tax liability, figure if make roughly $55000 (rough guess). Its the amount tax you paid during the year. Say you made $1000 gross a week, $150 is deducted for fed tax and you normally get zero back on your April tax return. so in this example you paid $150 times 52 weeks is $7800 in year tax liability. You had a $7800 tax liability to the government but it was taken from you during the year in normal paycheck deductions so your refund is zero but if bought an EV you would get the full $7500 refund. The non-refundable part comes in only if you make too little. If you make $30000 then your tax liability may only be $3600 so you would only be eligible to receive $3600 back on the EV credit. It has nothing to do with your normal tax return amount. This is simplified but tax liability does not mean tax refund amount.
If I was certain I was getting a vehicle in 2024, I would adjust my withholdings accordingly so Uncle Sam isn’t holding money that I could have put to better use… especially given how slow the IRS is at issuing tax refunds. Back in 2014 after I purchased my Volt, I got a $10k refund check. Back then the turnaround time was single digit weeks.