Silverado EV at State Fair of Texas

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Talked to a Chevy rep today at the State Fair of Texas where they had the Silverado EV on display. Definitely looks better in person. I asked for an update on timing and they said looking at opening orders next summer for production in the fall and first vehicles would arrive late 23 to dealers. Said they weren't providing dealers demo units so no chance to test drive first. But that you would be able to test drive your vehicle when it arrives and then decide.

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 TourX, '13 Volt, '04 CTS, '95 Suburban
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for relaying this info. When I placed my order, the online system said something about the summer of 2024. Alas, I’m happy to not be the first Guinea pig and deal with all the first model year gremlins. On the other hand, my 1995 suburban is really getting worn out and needs to be replaced.

OP
OP

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
I think the timing is different depending on model. I know when I reserved there was a choice of the really expensive first edition model and that may be the one that arrives late next year. Or you could reserve a "regular" model (I did) that I believe was indeed Summer of 2024.

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I think the timing is different depending on model. I know when I reserved there was a choice of the really expensive first edition model and that may be the one that arrives late next year. Or you could reserve a "regular" model (I did) that I believe was indeed Summer of 2024.
When I made my reservation I think it just reserved a slot for me, it didn’t ask me if I wanted an RST or WT. Maybe I’m mistaken. I also just made the reservation in Aug, so way past the first editions. Again, I really don’t want the first few off the line to give them time to work out the gremlins, or abort if Ultium crashes and burns. I predict the end of one of the big automakers from bad publicity from catastrophic battery failures. It would be ironic if it ends up being VW after dieselgate and their solution by going EV.

I also think Mitsubishi is finished if they don’t have a halo vehicle like the Evo and they don’t electrify beyond the outlander PHEV. Mazda might be in trouble too with their very weak initial EV offering. . Even Subaru might be in trouble since their only EV is a joint venture with Toyota. Honda better hurry and catch up as they might be outsold by Hyundai/Kia/Genesis.

Last edited:
OP
OP

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
I reserved in the first minute and there was an option for the the first edition model. I think it sold out within hours. So then there was just the reservation option for the RST/WT and like you said, there was no way to specify which one.

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Reminds me of this

throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
many
I reserved twice in June this year, one for me and one for my father in FL and NY, and I believe it said for 2024 model when completed. I cancelled the NY reservation for myself as I have other plans and was just trying to get a reservation for my father. Just got a voicemail from the NY dealer saying he saw I was interested in 2025 model Silverado EV. Assuming they have more info on expected model year based on reservation number. Checking the reservation online no longer says anything about specific model year.

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I reserved twice in June this year, one for me and one for my father in FL and NY, and I believe it said for 2024 model when completed. I cancelled the NY reservation for myself as I have other plans and was just trying to get a reservation for my father. Just got a voicemail from the NY dealer saying he saw I was interested in 2025 model Silverado EV. Assuming they have more info on expected model year based on reservation number. Checking the reservation online no longer says anything about specific model year.
When I submitted my reservation in August, it listed Summer 2024, which is pretty close to the 2025 model year. Alas, the more people like you who abandon their reservations the sooner I get my vehicle (unless I also abandon mine for a Subyukonade EV)

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F150 Lightning SR Lariat + '23 MME
Occupation
Tech
I reserved in the first minute and there was an option for the the first edition model. I think it sold out within hours. So then there was just the reservation option for the RST/WT and like you said, there was no way to specify which one.
Yes, I noticed that too.

I did reserve a WT as I vaguely remember.

Definitely would be nice to see the WT being available to order as I am not interested in the RST or 1st edition.