First Name
Mr DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jag F-Type R; Corvette Grand Sport
Occupation
Retired Air Force
I still do but the Silverado is my new Baby along with my 2023/4 C8 AWD Hybrid Corvette E-Ray. Hopefully I can take delivery of both at the same time...

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F150 Lightning SR Lariat + '23 MME
Occupation
Tech
I have both reservations paid for - will see which one actually delivers !

OP
OP
Mr DJ

Mr DJ

First Name
Mr DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jag F-Type R; Corvette Grand Sport
Occupation
Retired Air Force
Paid for as in $200K or just $200 :D I dropped $200 for both...

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Paid for as in $200K or just $200 :D I dropped $200 for both...
Paid $200 for the reservations.

Will see which one delivers first - what a race!....

PCL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Tucson
I'm in the minority in that I believe they're being PRO-consumer and anti-scalper. Coming from the PC world, I wish we could ban reselling graphics cards for one year after purchase. Genuine consumers? If a genuine consumer wants to get rid of it within a year, it's probably because of lemon law which isn't covered by this anyway.

Chevy_maybe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Several
I'm in the minority in that I believe they're being PRO-consumer and anti-scalper. Coming from the PC world, I wish we could ban reselling graphics cards for one year after purchase. Genuine consumers? If a genuine consumer wants to get rid of it within a year, it's probably because of lemon law which isn't covered by this anyway.
I think so too, but I think if Ford is Pro consumer, they should aggressively go after any dealer that adds an additional markup before suggesting that the dealers try to prevent customers from selling their trucks within the first year. Apparently they don't have much legal ground to do this.

Imagine the dealer who marks up the truck and tries to limit the customer from selling.

To me, it is such a ludicrous idea to mark up an EV so much as to partially or fully negate the fuel savings from the ICE equivalent (or maybe that's the idea).

SunDevil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 350, Honda Odyssey
If Ford is really pro consumer, they would allow those with reservations to place their order based upon their time stamp only. When ordering, you then select your dealer. People would select dealers that treat them well. Dealers who gouge would not be selected nearly as often. Just my opinion. It would also be the most fair way to sell the Lightning.

I hope someone at Chevy reads this for the Silverado EV.

AVALANCHE 3.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, Jeep, toyota, honda
I think Ford is pro shareholders rather than customers by restricting orders of lower profit trims in favor of more profitable trims. This makes sound business sense, but is hardly consumer centric.

Reactions: Max

REDHORSECA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I no longer have a Lightning reservation.

It's now an Lightning wave 2 order has been placed and accepted. :)

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Still have a Lightning - will wait till the last wave: 6.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Frontier, olds Aurora V8, Regal, Sky
Got the invitation to order in wave 2 with Pro unavailable. Pro would have been a deal with tax credit but Ford was never serious about it. It was only on paper as a response to Cybertruck $40K pricing. They are not going to put those chips and batteries in a Pro while they can sell a Lariat. I don’t mean to offend any Ford loyalists but F150 was always a compromise vehicle for me in any trims but Pro was worth the compromise. After tax credit expires, none of them are worth it for me.

I passed the invitation but held the reservation since I have already gotten my $100 back when I switched dealers. Ford asking dealers for priority list and dealers using it for extortion was one of the things that pushed me more toward Rivian. My new Ford dealer was only better when I switched to them but started misbehaving later. Market May be hot right now but people will remember these experiences when it cools down. My experience with Ford dealers make me apprehensive about dealing with a GM dealer as well. Good for Rivian. But if Rivian keeps dragging their feet with deliveries and GM come up with pricing sooner especially if GM get new tax credits, I may wait for my electric Avalanche.

astricklin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer, 2013 Toyota Prius C
I have both reservations. Probably going to get a VW id.buzz reservation as well and realistically will probably take delivery of that and get a beater farm truck. Unless somehow an $40-50k electric 7 passenger SUV that will tow over 5k shows up. Unless my financial situation changes drastically, the Rivian SUV is out of my price range.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Got the invitation to order in wave 2 with Pro unavailable. Pro would have been a deal with tax credit but Ford was never serious about it. It was only on paper as a response to Cybertruck $40K pricing. They are not going to put those chips and batteries in a Pro while they can sell a Lariat. I don’t mean to offend any Ford loyalists but F150 was always a compromise vehicle for me in any trims but Pro was worth the compromise. After tax credit expires, none of them are worth it for me.

I passed the invitation but held the reservation since I have already gotten my $100 back when I switched dealers. Ford asking dealers for priority list and dealers using it for extortion was one of the things that pushed me more toward Rivian. My new Ford dealer was only better when I switched to them but started misbehaving later. Market May be hot right now but people will remember these experiences when it cools down. My experience with Ford dealers make me apprehensive about dealing with a GM dealer as well. Good for Rivian. But if Rivian keeps dragging their feet with deliveries and GM come up with pricing sooner especially if GM get new tax credits, I may wait for my electric Avalanche.
Have you thought about "selling" your Ford Lightning reservation by converting to a Lariat or Platinum order ?

I am sure you can find someone who wants the first year new model and you can make some money to pay for the GM EV.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Frontier, olds Aurora V8, Regal, Sky
Have you thought about "selling" your Ford Lightning reservation by converting to a Lariat or Platinum order ?

I am sure you can find someone who wants the first year new model and you can make some money to pay for the GM EV.
Never thought about it. How do you even do that without actually buying and selling the vehicle?

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Never thought about it. How do you even do that without actually buying and selling the vehicle?
Since the reservation is in my name, I was thinking if I could not get the trim (PRO) I wanted, but instead only the Lariat or Platinum is available for ordering, I would order it and then start advertising it for sale as "new".

The buyer would pay for the vehicle plus a "$ commission" to me for the privilege of getting the first year model Lightning...

If worse comes to worse and Ford won't allow resale, I'd keep the truck for a bit and then find a buyer as a used truck - at least I would still be able to drive it and then still sell it at no loss or over cost to me as the truck is very highly in demand for a couple of years until Ford gets production going...

At the very least, I'd be able to wait for the Pro trim and get that when it's more readily available down the line...

Reactions: Max