First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford bronco
Occupation
Nurse
Unlike Ford you can not transfer a reservation and keep your spot in line. So if you are at a dealership or I should say a stealership like me that has said they will be adding a market adjustment cost to msrp you are screwed. Hopefully chevy hears enough unhappy customers to change this, but as of now according to customer service you can't transfer anything and keep your original reservation.

Update:

Figured I would transfer and see exactly what happens. Looks like your space in line is saved as it says. It does however cancel your reservation with your current dealer and brings you to the same reservation screen when you first reserve to pay again, but when you get your new reservation email it shows your old reservation #, New reservation #, and will still show your original order date

Last edited:

Mr DJ

First Name
Mr DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jag F-Type R; Corvette Grand Sport
Occupation
Retired Air Force
Sorry to hear that, Cmiller; these stealerships just pisses me off. Fortunately for me, I'm buying mine from the same dealer that I'm purchasing my C8 Corvette E-Ray from at MSRP for both. I'm also purchasing, when they come out in a few years ahead, a C8 ZR1 Corvette and a C9 EV Corvette probably in 2030 for the latter.

SunDevil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 350, Honda Odyssey
Unlike Ford you can not transfer a reservation and keep your spot in line. So if you are at a dealership or I should say a stealership like me that has said they will be adding a market adjustment cost to msrp you are screwed. Hopefully chevy hears enough unhappy customers to change this, but as of now according to customer service you can't transfer anything and keep your original reservation.
I decided to move my reservation. I was in first position at my old dealer. We will see where I fall at the dealer I transferred to. When I was doing the change, it clearly states, "By selecting the "change dealer" button below, your reservation spot in line will be saved."

We will see how this goes.

InkedSilverado EV screen shot_LI - highlighted.jpg

OP
OP
Cmiller81

Cmiller81

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford bronco
Occupation
Nurse
I decided to move my reservation. I was in first position at my old dealer. We will see where I fall at the dealer I transferred to. When I was doing the change, it clearly states, "By selecting the "change dealer" button below, your reservation spot in line will be saved."

Yea that's what I found odd. It has that sentence, but then says your current reservation is canceled and a new one is made so they use make it confusion. Plus the dealer I was going to transfer to said it would have to be a whole new reservation

Chevy_maybe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Several
Hmm, that is interesting, but not surprising. That's the direct opposite information that was given to me when I called on the 7th with the same question. I repeated the information back for confirmation:

Rep "Tim" said that although the dealership handles the reservation and deposit, gm also gets the reservation number. So, when you transfer dealers, your place in line is maintained. That is what he said.

Several reservation holders should call and report the information relayed here so we can record how many different answers we get.

If gm is monitoring this forum.... If a dealer adds a markup, that is a non-starter for me. Period. I'm not an idiot that will pay one.

OP
OP
Cmiller81

Cmiller81

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford bronco
Occupation
Nurse
Hmm, that is interesting, but not surprising. That's the direct opposite information that was given to me when I called on the 7th with the same question. I repeated the information back for confirmation:

Rep "Tim" said that although the dealership handles the reservation and deposit, gm also gets the reservation number. So, when you transfer dealers, your place in line is maintained. That is what he said.

Several reservation holders should call and report the information relayed here so we can record how many different answers we get.

If gm is monitoring this forum.... If a dealer adds a markup, that is a non-starter for me. Period. I'm not an idiot that will pay one.
I will call customer service tomorrow and see what they say. I told the dealership that they are ripping people off like Ford and that I will transfer my reservation even if I have to wait

OP
OP
Cmiller81

Cmiller81

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford bronco
Occupation
Nurse

looks like you can transfer and you don't lose your spot in line like it states. I was concerned because of the spot where it talks about canceling your current reservation, but after I transferred I got email showing my old canceled reservation # and my new one, but it still shows my original reservation date at the 5th.

SunDevil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 350, Honda Odyssey
I just called GM and spoke with Tim at the phone number it says to call if you have questions about your reservation (1 833-382-4389). It was a disconcerting call, but Tim did his best.

Tim says they are told I will not lose my place in line. However, when I asked when did I make my reservation, he gave me the date of when I changed my reservation. I said that isn't accurate because I reserved within a minute of the reveal. He then said, well, technically there isn't a line. I asked how that is possible when their own statement when changing a reservation says, "By selecting the "change dealer" button below, your reservation spot in line will be saved"? If there is no line then why does it say we won't lose our spot in a line that apparently doesn't exist? I further asked, how in the world will GM determine who is going to get first opportunity to buy the Silverado EV RST when it is released?

He asked to put me on hold to find out. He returned saying that they are still figuring out the logistics of how they will release the WT and RST after the First Edition and to give them a month or two. He offered to call me back in a month or two to give me an update or send me an email. He doesn't believe their will technically be a line, which doesn't make sense to me. He says this will be done differently than the Hummer and the First Edition RST. (But I suspect he is either guessing or working off limited information.)

The only saving grace from the call was that I had him look up my original reservation. That original reservation does show "canceled", but it references the new reservation ID. Tim says it must show canceled for the $100 deposit originally placed to be refunded.

In summary, my concern remains that my new reservation ID does not reference my original reservation time stamp. Hopefully the fact that the original reservation ID does reference the new reservation ID will help. The real proof is that I was told by the original dealer who is going to mark up the Silverado EV that I was #1 on their list. I am going to call my new dealer and ask where I am with them. If I am not #1 or near #1, I will be upset and know that I did lose my place in line. I keep you all posted.

SunDevil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus 350, Honda Odyssey
I spoke with the dealer I moved the reservation to and feel like this is a big leap of faith. He says they don't have a list of reservations. I explained my prior dealer did, so what gives? He says that it doesn't really matter where your reservation is because when the truck gets built, the closest Chevrolet dealer near you will get your reservation. They will then contact me. On one hand, I'm glad that the orders allegedly will be purely on time stamp, unlike Ford, but what if I'm sent to a dealer that has a mark up? Why do we even bother selecting a dealer at all? (I suspect because the dealer and not GM must hold the $100 deposit.)

Even more worrisome, this dealer, which is AutoNation Chevrolet in Peoria and on our list of dealers not marking up the price said, that they aren't marking up the price. But on the other hand, he said, but if everyone is marking up the price, they will too. In other words, there is no commitment that there will not be a mark up. Ugh! I just wish Chevrolet could sell directly to us!

Zach05855

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace EV, Nissan Titan XD Diesel, BJ-42
Personally I would wait before changing my reservation. There are many months ahead and things change especially at the dealer level. If dealers start getting greedy, I would expect GM to do like Ford is doing....they do not need the bad press.

OP
OP
Cmiller81

Cmiller81

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford bronco
Occupation
Nurse
I just called GM and spoke with Tim at the phone number it says to call if you have questions about your reservation (1 833-382-4389). It was a disconcerting call, but Tim did his best.

Tim says they are told I will not lose my place in line. However, when I asked when did I make my reservation, he gave me the date of when I changed my reservation. I said that isn't accurate because I reserved within a minute of the reveal. He then said, well, technically there isn't a line. I asked how that is possible when their own statement when changing a reservation says, "By selecting the "change dealer" button below, your reservation spot in line will be saved"? If there is no line then why does it say we won't lose our spot in a line that apparently doesn't exist? I further asked, how in the world will GM determine who is going to get first opportunity to buy the Silverado EV RST when it is released?

He asked to put me on hold to find out. He returned saying that they are still figuring out the logistics of how they will release the WT and RST after the First Edition and to give them a month or two. He offered to call me back in a month or two to give me an update or send me an email. He doesn't believe their will technically be a line, which doesn't make sense to me. He says this will be done differently than the Hummer and the First Edition RST. (But I suspect he is either guessing or working off limited information.)

The only saving grace from the call was that I had him look up my original reservation. That original reservation does show "canceled", but it references the new reservation ID. Tim says it must show canceled for the $100 deposit originally placed to be refunded.

In summary, my concern remains that my new reservation ID does not reference my original reservation time stamp. Hopefully the fact that the original reservation ID does reference the new reservation ID will help. The real proof is that I was told by the original dealer who is going to mark up the Silverado EV that I was #1 on their list. I am going to call my new dealer and ask where I am with them. If I am not #1 or near #1, I will be upset and know that I did lose my place in line. I keep you all posted.
I know that when you cancel and transfer the email I got does still show my original reservation date that it was placed

OP
OP
Cmiller81

Cmiller81

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford bronco
Occupation
Nurse
Personally I would wait before changing my reservation. There are many months ahead and things change especially at the dealer level. If dealers start getting greedy, I would expect GM to do like Ford is doing....they do not need the bad press.
it may stop the ridiculous markups, but I don't think it will stop smaller markups

Zach05855

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
it may stop the ridiculous markups, but I don't think it will stop smaller markups
This where negotiation skills come into play. I hold the cards, I can always move my reservation if I do not get the deal I want. I have already started building the relationship with the dealer and will have many more months to build on to it. My Hummer is due in around the end of 2022 and I have the RST the next year.

OP
OP
Cmiller81

Cmiller81

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford bronco
Occupation
Nurse
This where negotiation skills come into play. I hold the cards, I can always move my reservation if I do not get the deal I want. I have already started building the relationship with the dealer and will have many more months to build on to it. My Hummer is due in around the end of 2022 and I have the RST the next year.
a lot of dealers do not care since they have a bunch of reservations. I just went through the same thing with the bronco. We had a group of 30-40 people and went dealer to dealer guaranteeing our reservations would be transferred to them if we were not charged above msrp. Most dealers said no even though they were guaranteed sales.

Zach05855

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
a lot of dealers do not care since they have a bunch of reservations. I just went through the same thing with the bronco. We had a group of 30-40 people and went dealer to dealer guaranteeing our reservations would be transferred to them if we were not charged above msrp. Most dealers said no even though they were guaranteed sales.
I guess I have the luck of being in the heart of oil country ( Texas of the North ) This Province offers ZERO incentives for the purchase of EV's. So EV demand in this province is on the light side.

Just not a lot of competition for the EV's that are available.

To the end of March, there were 3,527 electric vehicles registered in Alberta. There's another 27,500 hybrid and plug-in hybrid vehicles in the province. Those numbers are tiny, though, compared with the total of 3.6 million vehicles registered in Alberta. Aug 17, 2021