Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy
Occupation
Admin
GM CEO Mary Barra just revealed on Bloomberg Technology :

"The first edition of the RST sold out in 12 minutes and reservations are still coming in, so we're super excited about the response that we're getting because this is a ground-up EV truck that has so much capability."​
She's asked how Chevrolet expects to catch up to the F-150 Lightning which has a 12-month head start. Barra responds that in terms of the EV race, General Motors got a jump on the industry with ithe Bolt. She adds that the Hummer EV is already shipping and that the Cadillac Lyriq will follow in the coming months.

The Silverado RST First Edition has a starting price of $105,000 excluding destination costs. This trim features four-wheel steering system, automatic adaptive air suspension, Multi-Flex Midgate, 17-inch touchscreen infotainment system paired to an 11-inch digital instrument cluster with a heads-up display.

The Silverado EV RST will have 664 horsepower and 780 lb-ft of torque and hit 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds when the Wide Open Watts mode is activated. On a full charge, you'll be able to drive the battery out for an estimated range of 400 miles.

PCL

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Tucson
Considering we don't how many First Editions were available (correct me if I'm wrong on that), I'm not sure what this tells us. It's also interesting that they haven't announced total reservation numbers, since I'm sure they'd love to tout if they'd beaten the Lightning in that metric.

astricklin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer, 2013 Toyota Prius C
Considering we don't how many First Editions were available (correct me if I'm wrong on that), I'm not sure what this tells us. It's also interesting that they haven't announced total reservation numbers, since I'm sure they'd love to tout if they'd beaten the Lightning in that metric.
It's barely been 24 hours so maybe we'll hear something in the next day or two.
Or maybe they didn't beat it and don't want to say anything

Cmiller81

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford bronco
Occupation
Nurse
Between the Silverado and rivian I have never had such a problem handing over $60-80k

1641506431161.png

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E
Between the Silverado and rivian I have never had such a problem handing over $60-80k

1641506431161.png
I too have both Rivian and Silverado reservations. The Rivian ante was $1,000, also refundable. It’s too easy to cough up $100 you know you can get back. The fall off rate will be huge.