First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F150 Lightning SR Lariat + '23 MME
Occupation
Tech
I have both a Lightning on order and a first hour Silverado reservation. I have no idea which will be the better truck to meet my needs until there is more information on the Silverado.
Same here.

I have a Lightning order being build 6/13 but not happy with Lariat trim (wave 6 order) as I overspent by $20K.

Much rather would have liked to get the Pro or XLT trim so I figure I would drive the Lariat around until GM releases their Silverado EV WT.

But the trim I want from the Silverado is the base WT with base Ultium batter of 200-300 mile range for $40K.

Maybe my 2022 Lightning will resell in 2023 at a higher price than I bought it at ?

astricklin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer, 2013 Toyota Prius C
I overspent by $20K.

Maybe my 2022 Lightning will resell in 2023 at a higher price than I bought it at ?
If you can make the payments for the year or two, ya you'll probably be able to sell it for close to or more especially since you'll probably get the full tax credit.

rdr854

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F-150 Lightning,19 Volvo S60, 18 Volvo V90
I have a first 10 minute Silverado EV reservation and a Lightning Lariat Extended Range. So far, the Lightning has done well. It looks nice and is comfortable to drive. I’ve put 1500 miles on it in seven weeks.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
I have a first 10 minute Silverado EV reservation and a Lightning Lariat Extended Range. So far, the Lightning has done well. It looks nice and is comfortable to drive. I’ve put 1500 miles on it in seven weeks.
Same here - first minute Silverado reservation with nothing but crickets...

Lightning - loving it - 3 months in and 3500 miles with no issues.

Other than the lousy 1PD setting which I have turned off - the Lightning is performing quite well.

For a standard range battery - EPA says 230 miles; I am getting 290+ miles per charge!
IMG_9544.JPG

rdr854

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F-150 Lightning,19 Volvo S60, 18 Volvo V90
Same here - first minute Silverado reservation with nothing but crickets...

Lightning - loving it - 3 months in and 3500 miles with no issues.

Other than the lousy 1PD setting which I have turned off - the Lightning is performing quite well.

For a standard range battery - EPA says 230 miles; I am getting 290+ miles per charge!
IMG_9544.JPG
I’ve only charged to 100% once and that was within the first week or so. I think it gave me 340 miles in an extended range battery.

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line, 2022 Rivian R1T
Cancelled my Lightning reservation when my Rivian R1T was delivered. Absolutely no regrets.

I have a day one, hour 1 Silverado reservation just incase.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Cancelled my Lightning reservation when my Rivian R1T was delivered. Absolutely no regrets.

Are you in a ZEV state?

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 TourX, '13 Volt, '04 CTS, '95 Suburban
Occupation
Retired

Congrats, the Rivian is built about an hour from where I live. I don’t have a Rivian reservation as I’m waiting for others to be the Guinea pigs and let us know how things are going. Apparently the tonneau cover has been problematic for early R1T customers. Why they didn’t make a long version of the R1S with R1T length is beyond me. Also, I’m perplexed why they would offer the 400 mile Max battery for the R1T and not for the R1S. I plan to tow an Airstream and want the biggest battery possible.

Side note: I’m glad someone else finally posted to this forum. For awhile it was just me, Mr DJ, 4SallyPat, and the administrator :)

OP
OP
Mr DJ

Mr DJ

First Name
Mr DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jag F-Type R; Corvette Grand Sport
Occupation
Retired Air Force
What up Peeps, the OP here... I'm dropping the Silverado RST; recently reserved GMC's Denali ED1, still GM family. It sold out in less than 1 hour... Just $2K more than the RST @ $107K. I suspect mine will run $120 with Options and TT&L...

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
What up Peeps, the OP here... I'm dropping the Silverado RST; recently reserved GMC's Denali ED1, still GM family. It sold out in less than 1 hour... Just $2K more than the RST @ $107K. I suspect mine will run $120 with Options and TT&L...
Sad to see you go, but keep in touch on this forum. Is there a GMC Sierra EV forum somewhere?

OP
OP
Mr DJ

Mr DJ

First Name
Mr DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jag F-Type R; Corvette Grand Sport
Occupation
Retired Air Force
I'll be hangin, LLninja...

Haven't found one yet, don't think one exist but I'm apart of the GMC HUMMER Chat forum since I plan to get the SUV...

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Congrats, the Rivian is built about an hour from where I live. I don’t have a Rivian reservation as I’m waiting for others to be the Guinea pigs and let us know how things are going. Apparently the tonneau cover has been problematic for early R1T customers. Why they didn’t make a long version of the R1S with R1T length is beyond me. Also, I’m perplexed why they would offer the 400 mile Max battery for the R1T and not for the R1S. I plan to tow an Airstream and want the biggest battery possible.

Side note: I’m glad someone else finally posted to this forum. For awhile it was just me, Mr DJ, 4SallyPat, and the administrator :)
So far my tonneau cover is working but that could change. FWIW I have not had any issues with my R1T so far. It really is such a pleasure to drive. But time will tell how reliable the R1T is and if Rivian will survive!

My original configuration was for the max pack but given the wait and that if I do tow it will be a light aerodynamic trailer, I figured I could get away with the large pack.

As I posted above I reserved a Silverado EV just in case the Rivian experiment does not work out. I also like the Silverado EV styling and possibility of 400 mi range. Not really interested in the mid-gate or the crab walk. I am hoping for a trim level in the $65-75k range with 400 mi range. If I cannot get it without paying ADM then I will pass.

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
So far my tonneau cover is working but that could change. FWIW I have not had any issues with my R1T so far. It really is such a pleasure to drive. But time will tell how reliable the R1T is and if Rivian will survive!

My original configuration was for the max pack but given the wait and that if I do tow it will be a light aerodynamic trailer, I figured I could get away with the large pack.

As I posted above I reserved a Silverado EV just in case the Rivian experiment does not work out. I also like the Silverado EV styling and possibility of 400 mi range. Not really interested in the mid-gate or the crab walk. I am hoping for a trim level in the $65-75k range with 400 mi range. If I cannot get it without paying ADM then I will pass.
I Ike he new GMC Sierra EV Denali styling better, but I didn’t get in on the early reservations. So I wait. If I wait long enough the Subyukonade EV will come. GM, please hurry…

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I Ike he new GMC Sierra EV Denali styling better, but I didn’t get in on the early reservations. So I wait. If I wait long enough the Subyukonade EV will come. GM, please hurry…
The styling is better but the price is way out of my league. My R1T after Fed tax rebate will have cost me $69k not counting state sales taxes and that really pushes my limit for driving my butt around in any vehicle.