First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline, Rivian
Occupation
Retired
The newer than new (meaning non-existent) Silverado EV has been compared to the Chevy Avalanche. There are some members of the forum who have actually seen one, either at a show or on the street. I'm wondering about the size of the S/EV. Actual dimensions aren't available yet. Does it look the same size as the Avalanche? I think that would be a good size.

camaroz1985

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, VW ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
The Avalanche was last seen a couple generations of truck ago when trucks were more reasonably sized. The Silverado EV will be sized like modern trucks (ie bigger). The bed itself is a foot longer than the Avalanche, which I don't think is a bad thing, and overall size is nearly identical to the F150 Lightning.

OP
OP
Charjd

Charjd

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline, Rivian
Occupation
Retired
I imagine the Silverado will be equipped with parking assist. My Volt can do that. It would be interesting watching one park itself, even finding a parking space big enough. That's the biggest problem I have with big trucks, fitting them in parking spaces. That probably sounds kind of whiny.:rolleyes:

camaroz1985

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, VW ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I imagine the Silverado will be equipped with parking assist. My Volt can do that. It would be interesting watching one park itself, even finding a parking space big enough. That's the biggest problem I have with big trucks, fitting them in parking spaces. That probably sounds kind of whiny.:rolleyes:
Definitely understand that. Fullsize trucks have gotten way too big. Maybe you would be more comfortable in a Rivian, it is what I would call right-sized. Basically between today's midsize and fullsize trucks, very similar in size to the GMT800 trucks I had in the past. I spent a lot of time in those (Avalanche, Silverado 3500 Dually, and Suburban 2500) and I find the R1T very comfortable.

johan brandon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
johan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bestwaytowingnyc.com
Vehicles
toyota prius
The Silverado EV, Chevrolet's foray into the electric pickup truck market, boasts an impressive size that aligns with the robust nature of its conventional counterparts. As of its initial release in 2022, the Silverado EV is positioned as a full-size electric pickup, emphasizing a substantial and commanding presence on the road.

Measuring in line with its gasoline-powered counterparts, the Silverado EV shares the dimensions of the traditional Silverado lineup. Typically, a full-size pickup truck like the Silverado features a length ranging from approximately 229 to 241 inches, a width of around 81 inches, and a height between 75 and 79 inches, depending on the specific configuration and trim level.

The Silverado EV's size is vital not only for its road presence but also for accommodating its advanced electric powertrain and battery technology. As electric vehicles (EVs) continue to gain traction in the automotive market, manufacturers strive to balance size, performance, and range. The Silverado EV's design ensures it delivers on the expectations of pickup truck enthusiasts while incorporating cutting-edge electric propulsion technology.

Additionally, the Silverado EV's size contributes to its towing and hauling capabilities, a crucial aspect for pickup truck enthusiasts who rely on their vehicles for work or recreational activities. The electric powertrain doesn't compromise on performance, and the Silverado EV aims to be a versatile and capable option within the electric truck segment.

In conclusion, the Silverado EV maintains the substantial size characteristic of its traditional Silverado counterparts, ensuring it stands out as a full-size electric pickup that combines the utility of a truck with the sustainability of an electric vehicle.

johan brandon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
johan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bestwaytowingnyc.com
Vehicles
toyota prius
Parking a large truck like the Silverado in a confined space requires precision and awareness. Begin by aligning the truck parallel to the space, ensuring there's ample clearance on all sides. Utilize side mirrors to gauge distance and alignment accurately. Execute the parking maneuver slowly, adjusting as needed to center the truck within the lines. Consider the vehicle's length and use the steering wheel judiciously to avoid oversteering. If available, use backup cameras or assistance features. Patience is key, as careful maneuvering is crucial to navigate the truck into the space efficiently. Regular practice enhances one's skill in handling large vehicles in tight parking spots.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F150 Lightning SR Lariat + '23 MME
Occupation
Tech
Parking a large truck like the Silverado in a confined space requires precision and awareness. Begin by aligning the truck parallel to the space, ensuring there's ample clearance on all sides. Utilize side mirrors to gauge distance and alignment accurately. Execute the parking maneuver slowly, adjusting as needed to center the truck within the lines. Consider the vehicle's length and use the steering wheel judiciously to avoid oversteering. If available, use backup cameras or assistance features. Patience is key, as careful maneuvering is crucial to navigate the truck into the space efficiently. Regular practice enhances one's skill in handling large vehicles in tight parking spots.
I gave up on a full sized truck when I bought a '22 Lightning.

Not suited for urban Los Angeles traffic nor tight spots.
Difficult to park, U Turns impossible, and narrow roads make for high workload.
Traded her in a year later for a '23 Mach E and much happier.

I would love a mid size Colorado type EV truck for driving in urban settings.

camaroz1985

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, VW ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
I gave up on a full sized truck when I bought a '22 Lightning.

Not suited for urban Los Angeles traffic nor tight spots.
Difficult to park, U Turns impossible, and narrow roads make for high workload.
Traded her in a year later for a '23 Mach E and much happier.

I would love a mid size Colorado type EV truck for driving in urban settings.
yes Pat mid size vehicle would be fine for parking reasons and for daily use.
That's what makes the R1T so great (or one of the things).