Ordered 2 Ford EVs - deposits are in - which one will show up ?

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F150 Lightning SR Lariat + '23 MME
Occupation
Tech
I'd wait will 2024 for a GM EV, but my current daily driver is starting to fail and my wife's PHEV carpool exemption sticker runs out end of this year.

So 5 days ago I placed a 2022 MME order with $500 deposit for the wife before the online ordering closed.

Then yesterday a big surprise, I got an email & text from Ford to order the 2022 F150L which I had a reservation since May 2021 (day 2 reservation).

Apparently, Ford had some cancelled, extended reservations, and non converted slots so they made them available as a final wave order for MY 2022.

Ordered a $70,0000 F150 Lightning - Lariat trim - Standard range battery - iced blue silver.
Paid the $1500 deposit to start the build.

Not too happy having to order a trim I didn't want - would have preferred the XLT w/ 18" wheels, no running boards, no leather.
But then it's a first year model that is in low supply and high demand...

Let's see which one shows up first.

Any guesses ?
Screen Shot 2022-04-13 at 10.01.28 AM.png

Cmiller81

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford bronco
Occupation
Nurse
I got a Hyundai ioniq 5 to hold me over till I get my Silverado and considering I want the trail boss it will be a little longer. Unless of course if the trail boss is $70k. I was looking at the mach-E, but I like the Hyundai more and plus I get 2 years of free charges w/ electrify america. Not many of those around, but luckily there is one 9 miles away and another one on my way to work.

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E
I got a Hyundai ioniq 5 to hold me over till I get my Silverado and considering I want the trail boss it will be a little longer. Unless of course if the trail boss is $70k. I was looking at the mach-E, but I like the Hyundai more and plus I get 2 years of free charges w/ electrify america. Not many of those around, but luckily there is one 9 miles away and another one on my way to work.
Good decision. My MME is the most bug infested machine with the worst support I have ever encountered. That’s coming from somebody who has had one and sometimes two Fords in my garage for over four decades. That is over now.

tripowergto

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 2SS Hot Wheels Camaro conv, 2016 Corvette LT2
Occupation
Owner REAL ROCK Productions, live music production and promotion
I suspect the MME will arrive first since the Mexican plant has been building them for quite some time. F150L production has not begun yet but will soon.

OP
OP
4sallypat

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Now I am not sure which one will arrive first.
My F150L dealer just had me confirm my order while my MME dealer has not responded.

OP
OP
4sallypat

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
UPDATE:
Ford Lightning is now built and being shipped to my dealer.!

MME is still in order hold status (parts / supply chain issues).
Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 10.23.30 AM.png

I'll see if this works out to replace my gas guzzling BMW that is on it's last legs.....

If not, at least I have a reservation for the GM EV WT which I really wanted at $40K.

OP
OP
4sallypat

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Here she - 2022 Ford Lightning F150 EV - 3 weeks old and is a beaut!

Drives like a hot rod and has excellent range per charge.

IMG_9308.JPG

IMG_9309.JPG

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 TourX, '13 Volt, '04 CTS, '95 Suburban
Occupation
Retired
If not, at least I have a reservation for the GM EV WT which I really wanted at $40K.
Although $40k sounds great, I suspect at that price it will have a 100 mile battery and no frills at all. Just consider all the contractors that work locally, car parts delivery, landscapers, etc who would love this, but my wife absolutely needs a passenger power seat with lumbar, so I’m pretty sure I’m stuck with the RST if I want it sooner, and maybe someday there will be a cheaper model that offers power passenger seats.

Congrats on your Lightning. Please devour some Raptors and TRXes, and maybe even a Hellcat Challenger while you are at it.

OP
OP
4sallypat

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
Although $40k sounds great, I suspect at that price it will have a 100 mile battery and no frills at all. Just consider all the contractors that work locally, car parts delivery, landscapers, etc who would love this, but my wife absolutely needs a passenger power seat with lumbar, so I’m pretty sure I’m stuck with the RST if I want it sooner, and maybe someday there will be a cheaper model that offers power passenger seats.

Congrats on your Lightning. Please devour some Raptors and TRXes, and maybe even a Hellcat Challenger while you are at it.
Yes, I get the feeling that the base $40K EV WT will be later in production as well as a limited range.

Don't know which Ultium pack will be used, but certainly not the 400 mile range as they will on the Hummer EV and RST 1st editions for over $100K.

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 TourX, '13 Volt, '04 CTS, '95 Suburban
Occupation
Retired
Don't know which Ultium pack will be used, but certainly not the 400 mile range as they will on the Hummer EV and RST 1st editions for over $100K.
The top range for the Hummer pickup is 350 miles and Hummer SUV is 300 miles. I would have a registration if they had 400+ miles of range. My guess is that it uses the same battery pack as the RST but achieves less range because the Hummer is just bulky, heavy, and less aerodynamic.

OP
OP
4sallypat

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
The top range for the Hummer pickup is 350 miles and Hummer SUV is 300 miles. I would have a registration if they had 400+ miles of range. My guess is that it uses the same battery pack as the RST but achieves less range because the Hummer is just bulky, heavy, and less aerodynamic.
Agree!

I wonder what the price would be for the non RST WT that gets 350-400 miles?

If you ordered a base EV WT with extended range battery - like 400 miles - will it be costly like a Ford Platinum @ $97K ?

When will GM start inviting reservation holders ??

OP
OP
4sallypat

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tech
I suspect the MME will arrive first since the Mexican plant has been building them for quite some time. F150L production has not begun yet but will soon.
Can you believe it, my wife's MME has been delayed and won't make the 2022 build which really irritates me. No more ice blue silver color, no more incentives, no more low APR, no price protection.

And since the 2023 had a large price increase, Ford will offer a rebate to those that ordered a 2022 to get it at 2022 prices.

Screen Shot 2022-09-18 at 8.12.28 AM.png