First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Ford F150 Lightning SR Lariat + '23 MME
Occupation
Tech
Found this. I think I want all the options except the huge rims and panoramic roof (and edition 1 stickers). I learned my lesson: low profile tires with big rims + potholes = cracked rims
72AE7107-2653-4395-B6A0-82498FE8B2D8.png
Similar, I would like the lowest trim: Elevation / SLE / SLT.

Have no need for 24" wheels - prefer 18" for snow/mud/winter tires.
No pano roof needed - too hot where I live and it will bake my bald head.

Everything else, I love the - 800V DCFC and air ride suspension.

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 TourX, '13 Volt, '04 CTS, '95 Suburban
Occupation
Retired
Similar, I would like the lowest trim: Elevation / SLE / SLT.

Have no need for 24" wheels - prefer 18" for snow/mud/winter tires.
No pano roof needed - too hot where I live and it will bake my bald head.

Everything else, I love the - 800V DCFC and air ride suspension.
I need whatever trim level gives my wife power passenger seats with lumbar support as we can no longer buy base models because of her back - thus the recent Buick TourX purchase to hold us over until the Silverado or Sierra. I really want a Subyukonade (Suburban, Yukon, Escalade). when GM makes those announcements I will cancel my truck order. Iā€™m not getting a Hummer SUV because I need the 400 mile battery. I plan to tow an Airstream and fully expect that to cut my range in half.

BTW, it feels like the 3 of us are the only ones active on this forumā€¦ where did everybody go? Iā€™ve been a GM-volt forum member for nearly a decade and it is very active over there even though the car was discontinued in 2019.

OP
OP
Mr DJ

Mr DJ

First Name
Mr DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jag F-Type R; Corvette Grand Sport
Occupation
Retired Air Force
How long have you been driving the Volt? Is the battery still strong?

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
How long have you been driving the Volt? Is the battery still strong?
Bought the volt Oct 2013. No degradation in the battery as far as I can tell. The range loss I've seen is purely because I stopped trying to hyper mile it (my best was 50.2 miles) and now I drive like Jeff Gordon because the car is so fun to drive. Itā€™s definitely a sleeper where I can surprise pony cars, ricer boys, and muscle cars off the line. Zero to 30 itā€™s really fast, 30 to 60, not so much. I do regret not buying an ELR I found used in 2019, but at that time I had a commute, didnā€™t want to put a bunch of miles on that show car, and still had a mortgage to pay. Fast forward to today, the mortgage is paid off, the pandemic allowed me to work from home, and I retired early using the little known IRS rule,of 55, so an ELR would have been perfect to sit in my garage and barely be driven. But I need to find a 12 step program as I really have trouble letting go of my cars - I drive them into the ground, then give them away.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mr DJ

Mr DJ

First Name
Mr DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jag F-Type R; Corvette Grand Sport
Occupation
Retired Air Force
You're a funny man, LLninja šŸ˜ Sounds like you've done well for yourself... I'm the one who needs a 12-step program, I own 7 freakin' cars which on was bought 3 weeks ago or so šŸ˜® And I'm looking to buy at least 4 more: E-Ray, Hummer SUV, Denali, and a ZR1... Unlike you, I've still mortgage šŸ„“

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
You're a funny man, LLninja šŸ˜ Sounds like you've done well for yourself... I'm the one who needs a 12-step program, I own 7 freakin' cars which on was bought 3 weeks ago or so šŸ˜® And I'm looking to buy at least 4 more: E-Ray, Hummer SUV, Denali, and a ZR1... Unlike you, I've still mortgage šŸ„“
Iā€™m guessing if you didnā€™t have all these cars, you could easily pay off the mortgage. For me it was amazing how much money I could save when I donā€™t have a mortgage or any car payments.

LLninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Got a reservation but not happy they are not offering the lower base trims.

Hope my reservation won't be just for the $107,000 truck.

My wife would kill me!
:eek:
Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 2.08.48 PM.png
If you read the confirmation, you did place a reservation for an Edition 1. I think you need to reregister when they open up reservations for lower models, otherwise you are buying fully optioned $107k truck.